Image may contain: Trolley, Tram, Streetcar, Cable Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Bus

Student single bus tickets now cost £1.20

First buses will now cost 20p more

Students will be hit by a new higher bus fare when they return to Sheffield in September.

First Buses have yet to release a statement on the rise but their website states that the 'on bus' price of a 'bargain student ticket' is £1.20.

Image may contain: Webpage, File

Last year there was outrage when fellow Sheffield bus company Stagecoach increased their fare to £1.20. But following the angry complaints from students, the price was lowered back to the original, affordable, £1,

The discovery was made by a bereft Sheffield student who reported it on Sheffessions. They were told by the bus driver that the 'student single is £1.20 now mate' in a tone which seems to ignore the financial struggle of students who now must fork out an extra 20p when lugging their suitcases from Endcliffe to the station.

Image may contain: Letter, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Text

Perhaps if there are enough complaints First will mimic Stagecoach's u-turn and return prices to their acceptable level, but for now Sheffield students must start hoarding their loose change again if they want to travel across the city.