Image may contain: Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

This is not a drill – a food van after SU club nights is officially happening

Pop Tarts just got even better

Cast your mind back to the halcyon days of March 2017.

After thousands of students voted, Kieran Maxwell was elected Students' Union President, quoting George Michael and promising a food van outside SU club nights.

While the wait for the van has been a long one, it has today been announced that it will be coming soon to Students' Union club nights.

A staggeringly realistic artist's impression

In a statement on the Students' Union website, Kieran said:

"We are really excited to announce the Students’ Union’s newest outlet: our very own food van!

"It’ll provide a whole host of late-night favourites right outside all our SU club nights, so you won’t have to go far to get that food fix.

"I think this is really important when it comes to student safety, as having something to eat when you’ve had a drink can help you get home safe, allowing you to take a break, sober up, and stopping you having to walk into the city.

"This was a key part of my manifesto when I ran for President, so I’m really pleased that this policy that students have voted for is becoming a reality."

The policy means that you won't have to trek to Aslan's, Popeyes, or – god forbid – Adnan's to get your fried food fix after Roar or Poppy Ts.

An admirable example of student politicians keeping their promises, the food van will be coming to the concourse soon.