Image may contain: Sedan, Brick, Shop, Turkey Dinner, Supper, Meal, Food, Dinner, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Vehicle, Transportation, Car, Automobile

An assault took place and windows were smashed at Adnan’s last night

It was one of three violent incidents in Sheffield last night

A man was assaulted in Adnan's takeaway on the corner of West Street in the early hours of this morning.

Police believe it is linked to an assault at Paddy Power on London Road and a shooting in Nether Edge which both also took place last night.

All of the windows of the takeaway were smashed and the man who was assaulted left the scene before police arrived.

They are now looking for him in order to "ensure his welfare".

Image may contain: Shop, Deli, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Turkey Dinner, Supper, Meal, Food, Dinner

All three of these incidents are believed to be connected, and enquiries have taken place at all three of the crime scenes today.

Detective Inspector Graham Bulmer said:

"Since last night we have been working hard to gather evidence, speak to witnesses and identify those involved.

"Police officers are at Adnan's in Sheffield city centre this morning. At this time we do believe that the three incidents are linked and involved the same people and as such we are treating them as targeted.

"I’d like to reassure you that we have officers dedicated to this investigation who are working hard to apprehend those involved.

"What I would like to ask is that anyone who was on or around either London Road, Wostenholm Road or West Street last night and into the early hours of this morning and saw anything they think could help to get in touch with us.

"Both London Road and West Street are busy areas, particularly at those times, so if you think you saw something that could assist the investigation please contact us."

Police have urged anyone with any information or who was in the area last night to call 101, quoting incident number 691 of June 4. People can also anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.