Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

There’s going to be a march next week in solidarity with Sheffield’s homeless

They want to raise awareness of homelessness in the city

Homelessness is a prolific problem both internationally and in Sheffield.

With last counts estimating at least 15 rough sleepers on the Sheffield streets, it's clear that the problem of homelessness needs greater awareness.

Homelessness, however, is not just rough sleeping and often includes those who take refuge in homeless shelters at night while bring forced to beg on the street during the day.

Community ReAction is a collaboration between Save Our Sandwiches and Uni of and Hallam Students' Unions. It hopes to stop the exclusion of homeless people from society by spreading "the message that they are a fundamental part of our community" who need help.

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Building, Architecture, Arched, Arch

The event will take place on Saturday 5th May and will be a day of "speeches, fundraising and solidarity."

The march starts at 3pm and will travel from Devonshire Green to the Cathedral.

It will be followed by speeches from people in the community and "an evening of buffet style food, fundraising activities, and live music in order to raise money for Ben's Centre" at the foodhall.

Here we've linked the official event Facebook page where you can read more and share the event with your friends!

It would be great to see a massive turnout to stand in solidarity with Sheffield's homeless community and really make a change to people's lives.