BREAKING: Arctic Monkeys will play two Sheffield gigs during Freshers’ Week in September

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Hide Images

Scrap your UV paint party plans, don your leather jackets and prepare to spend at least one evening somewhere other than West Street, because Arctic Monkeys are playing Sheffield Arena for two nights in a row in Freshers' Week.

After much anticipation, the hometown heroes announced a full UK & Ireland tour this morning, including two dates at Sheffield's FlyDSA Arena on Tuesday 18 September and Wednesday 19 September.

Five years on since the release of AM, the group return next month with their elaborately named sixth studio album Tranquility Base Hotel and Casino, which is released on 11 May.

Titles of tracks from the album, which will no doubt be showcased during the September tour dates, include 'The World's First Ever Monster Truck Front Flip' and 'The Ultracheese', calming any fears that Alex Turner has got any less creative during their break.

Support comes from The Lemon Twigs, although support could come from absolutely anyone and you'd still sell a kidney to go.

The two Sheffield dates make up for the abandoned Hillsborough Park performances that the group had reportedly scheduled for September, as well as their absence from Tramlines, who have booked Craig David instead, and Leeds Fest, who have booked Lil Pump.

The FlyDSA Arena has a capacity of 13,000, making it a pair of intimate gigs by the standards of a band who have headlined Glastonbury twice.

Tickets go on sale at 9am this Friday but, with the inevitable demand, trying to get hold of any will be your favourite worst nightmare.