Image may contain: Road, Intersection

UPDATE: University of Sheffield student has died after collision

It comes after an incident involving a truck near to the Alfred Denny building

A University of Sheffield student has sadly died after a collision involving a DAF skip truck on Tuesday morning.

It comes after we reported yesterday that police were seeking witnesses to the incident, which happened near to the Alfred Denny building.

The 20-year-old male student, known as Mohammed Elashry, was involved in the collision with a truck on Brook Hill on Tuesday morning at around 10.30am.

Elashry is believed to be an international student from Kuwait, and he sadly died on Thursday. He'd been in a life-threatening condition in hospital following the incident.

The driver of the truck, a 51-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, but he's been released under investigation while enquiries continue.

Sheffield SU tweeted out a message of condolence to the boy's family, saying that thoughts are with the boy's friends and family at this sad time.

Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 220 of 27 February 2018.