Image may contain: Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Oven, Electrical Device, Appliance, Bottle, Person, People, Human

We spoke to the guy who drew the massive cock and balls in Crookes Valley Park

Number one legend

For those of you who were brave enough to make it to Uni yesterday, you may well have seen that some absolute legend had drawn a massive cock and balls on the bowling pitch at Crookes Valley Park.

Well, we've tracked down the guy who drew it, and met up with him to find out more about his art installation, and whether he'll be drawing any more cock and balls in the snow today.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I'm Luke, I'm 28 and live in sunny old Meersbrook, with my dog, Murphy, and my girlfriend, Cara.

I'm not a student, as some might have thought – I actually have my own business manufacturing/installing plaster coving and other products.

Image may contain: Pine, Yew, Tree, Plant, Flora, Conifer, French Bulldog, Pet, Mammal, Dog, Canine, Bulldog, Animal

His dog, Murphy

So, how long did it take you to draw the cock and balls? And what time did you draw it at?! Surely someone would have stopped and asked what you were doing!

The piece of art took me around 15-20mins.

I drew it at half past 6 in the evening. I remember, because I couldn't get a picture so posted a status on my Facebook instead.

There were a few people walking dogs but the snow was coming down fairly heavily so nobody stopped to chat.

How did you draw it? Did it take a lot of skill?

With most my art, it was very much a spur of the moment thing. I saw on an episode of Top Gear – the guys on there drew one in America. No planning went into it, just inspiration from Jeremy, Richard and James from the show.

The 'art' installation

What's been the reaction to it so far?

I've had such a good reaction from it. Everyone appears to love it which is a relief. Even Reverend & The Makers retweeted it!

Are you hoping to draw any more cock and balls today?

I'm not planning on drawing another – too much of a good thing ruins it I think – plus I don't have the time.

Image may contain: Kissing, Kiss, Ear

Luke's been a good samaritan, and has been helping people struggling with the snowy conditions

I've spent the last two days driving the needy around in the snow. I've been delivery the elderly to their family, medicine from Peak Vets to a very poorly dog in Jordanthorpe, taking a lady from Meersbrook to her therapy group and many more.

It's been great helping people while works called off.