Image may contain: Vegetation, Tree, Plant, Outdoors, Nature, Land, Forest, Flora, Pig, Mammal, Animal

Uni of Sheffield students can now go and cuddle rescue pigs

Your dreams are about to come true

Yes, you heard right. On Sunday 18th March 2018 students at the University of Sheffield can spend the day cuddling pigs.

This exciting event hosted by the UoS Yoga and Pilates society is an exclusive event for University of Sheffield students. Not only is this a perfect way to relieve yourself from work stress, it is also a way to give back to one of Sheffield's local charities. Plus, who wouldn't want to cuddle adorable piggies?

Image may contain: Pig, Mammal, Animal

'Pigs in the Wood' re-homes pigs that have previously suffered abuse. This non-profit charity offers their pigs a new, better life where they are able to roam free in the woods and interact with volunteers. Upon visiting the sanctuary, you are able to feed the pigs; wander around the woods with them; give them a well-deserved massage with special oils and creams, enjoy a picnic in the woods and, of course, have many many cuddles.

Image may contain: Pig, Mammal, Animal, Person, People, Human

The Sanctuary is located on Huddersfield Road in Wakefield. Due to high demand, the Yoga and Pilates Society will be releasing tickets later this week so be sure to keep your eyes and ears open because you do not want to miss out on such a unique and worthwhile event.

The current plan involves meeting at Goodwin car park where a minibus will be leaving for Huddersfield at 9:20am. Those lucky students who get a ticket can expect to arrive at 10:30am and spend the day in piggy heaven. It is guaranteed to be oink-tastic!