Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

Tramlines 2018: New stages, attractions and line up date announced

It’s going to be the first Tramlines held on one site

Tramlines Festival have revealed details of their 10th edition this July, which will be held at the new location of Hillsborough Park across four different stages.

Organisers have described the line up, which will be announced next Thursday 8th February at 6pm, as "world class" and "genre-busting".

Hillsborough Park has a capacity of up to 40,000 people, and this is to be reflected with a huge main stage, as well as a second stage of music, which is to be named by the public.

There will also be a brand new Leadmill Stage, which as the name suggests will be curated by The Leadmill as well as Jon McClure, front man of Reverend and the Makers. Also new is the Library Stage, which will have a "left-field vibe" and feature emerging talent.

The festival is to feature comedy and a pop-up cinema for the first time, with two films being shown each day. The Into The Trees area will expand to feature a kids' area and family friendly entertainment in the day, giving way to an exciting bill of DJs from 7pm.

Image may contain: Pole, Lamp Post

The new site at Hillsborough Park

Proceedings will wind down at 10pm on the Friday and Saturday and 9pm on the Sunday, although Tramlines is to open its gates at midday on Saturday and Sunday to allow time for more acts.

Festival Director Sarah Nulty commented: "We really wanted to do something different for the 10th anniversary and moving to a bigger park means we can include lots of extra interesting elements and deliver more than just music – although saying that, we're going bigger than we ever have before with the line up!

"We're staying on the tram lines so that we can remain connected with the city centre – our new site is 13 minutes from the city centre and only five minutes away from last year's main stage.

"We always wanted to be a city-wide festival, and this just extends the footprint that little bit further. We're really proud of what we're delivering for the 10th year and can't wait to unveil it completely!"

Image may contain: Poster, Billboard

Early bird, tier one and tier two tickets for the event have already sold out before a single act has been confirmed, suggesting the people of Sheffield are putting their faith in Tramlines 2018 to be the biggest and best yet.

Tramlines Festival takes place from 20-22 July.