Image may contain: Hedge, Fence, Yew, Tree, Plant, Flora, Conifer, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Sheffield Engineering graduate found dead on hiking trail in Argentina

David Minn graduated last year

University of Sheffield graduate David Minn has been found dead whilst on a hiking trail in Argentina.

On Wednesday, the 24-year-old's body was found near a rocky path close to the Ojo de Albino glacier in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina.

An alert was put out for David after he failed to return to the hostel where he was staying on Monday. It is believed David died from a fall whilst hiking alone.

Police chief Alejandra Giordano told local media: "An autopsy is taking place to discover what happened. Apparently he suffered a fall in an area where there are a lot of rocks.

"The people who helped recover the body say he plunged more than 100 feet and suffered a strong blow to his head."

Image may contain: Soil, Sand, Outdoors, Wildlife, Monkey, Mammal, Baboon, Animal, Person, People, Human

David is thought to have been on a seven-month tour of South America

Giordiano also confirmed that David's next of kin had been informed and it is thought they will travel to Argentina to organise repatriation of his body following the post-mortem.

David, from London, had completed a degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical and Asotronautical Engineering at the University of Sheffield last summer.

A spokesman for the Foreign Office said: "We are supporting the family of a British national who sadly died in Argentina".