Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Outlines festival cancelled and ‘not expected to return’

Organisers say it’s unlikely to return again

Outlines Festival, which took place in a number of Sheffield music venues as a spring sister festival to Tramlines, has been cancelled, it was announced last night.

This year's Outlines was set to take place on 2 & 3 March, but no news about it other than these dates had surfaced. It has now been confirmed the festival is no more.

In a statement posted last night to their Facebook page, organisers wrote:

"It is our sad duty to tell you that we have had to cancel this year's Outlines festival and have started today to issue full refunds to anyone who bought a ticket.

"Despite a great atmosphere and line up, last year's event lost money and we realised that we would not be able to afford to run it again. We have been looking for a business partner to take the event on – not least because so many of you seemed keen to come back next year. However, we have had no success and so reluctantly have had to pull the plug.

"Full refunds have been issued through Gigantic.

"We do not expect to see Outlines festival return and want to thank all you people one last time for helping us make it the great event that it was, while it was…"

Image may contain: Word, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

The 2016 and 2017 events spanned popular city venues including Plug, Leadmill and The Harley.

Last year's festival was headlined by Australian psychedelic dance act Jagwar Ma, while other Outlines performers included Clean Cut Kid, Loyle Carner and The Big Moon.

The news of Outlines' cancellation comes as Tramlines moves a new Hillsborough Park main stage for 2018, with its promoters saying that it has "outgrown" the city centre.

Early bird tickets for Tramlines have now sold out, and line up details are due in the next few weeks.