Image may contain: Furniture, Couch, Reading, Human, Person

Sheffield’s Couple of the Week: ‘We got together for the first time in Poptarts’

Nothing like a bit of non-stop retro pop to get the sparks going

Meet this weeks nominated couple of the week, Eloise and Dan. Eloise is a Sheffield graduate now working at the University as a research assistant. Dan is currently in his fifth year and will be entering a graduate scheme with Rolls Royce in September 2018. The two met through a friend back in 2015 when they hitchhiked to Glasgow on the same baby bummit team.

They remained friends once bummit came to an end but their close friendship hit a whole new level earlier this year in February, ironically the month of every single person's fave day, Valentines Day (not). Apparently Cupid was hanging around in the small room because the romance blossomed when these love birds got together for the very first time in Poptarts. The following April, 'Deloise', as we shall now call them, was born and has been going strong ever since.

Once again Sheffield nightlife has proved that there is no better way to a long-lasting love than the sesh. If you're looking for love, all you need is some retro pop. Don't believe us? Eloise and Dan spent nine weeks apart over the summer whilst Dan travelled around Asia but a little bit of long distance didn't stop our couple of the week. Dan is back and they are both happy as Larry. Friends of Eloise and Dan say 'they are a very romantic couple and they have Date Night Tuesdays which always prove to be entertaining'. You've got to love a good date night.

After coming back to Sheffield for Autumn semester, the loved up pair have been enjoying spending time with all of their friends who are now all part of one big group. Definitely a benefit of being pals with a couple. Dan and Eloise have even found themselves playing the matchmakers with a few of their mates. Who knows, if their matchmaking skills suffice, we may be seeing the next candidates for Couple of the Week very soon (watch this space).

Clearly they love a bit of travelling because they have arranged a holiday to Italy a week before Christmas. Perfect choice of location to bring a touch of romance to the festive period and also make everyone not jetting off to the land of love turn into green eyed monsters. These two might be past all the antics of first year freshers and instead opt for a cute date night or holiday now and then, but they still enjoy occasionally going back to where things really kicked off…the 'romantic hotspot' that is Poptarts. Eloise and Dan are absolute couple goals.

Nominations are still open for Couple of the Week.