Image may contain: Person, People, Human

We’ve found out where you can buy the best Christmas Sandwich

All I want for Christmas…is a decent sandwich

We've wandered the shops of Sheffield and sampled more than a few turkey feasts to give you the low down on the Christmas sandwich situation this year. Your lunch can now be merry and bright because no one should be disappointed in this festive period. So we've made a list, checked it twice and now we can tell you will sandwich is nice and which is just nasty.

Pret a Manger – Christmas Lunch

The much anticipated Pret Christmas Lunch sandwich is back this year and is proving more popular than ever. This sandwich consists of two slices of malted bread encompassing turkey slices, port and orange cranberry sauce, stuffing and a nice little addition of crispy onions and spinach. You must be thinking by now 'wow that's a fancy sandwich' and this is certainly expected in the taste (and price). At £3.50, this festive feast comes at a bit of a cost but the attention to flavour is out of this world. Don't forget that for every Christmas sandwich sold, Pret will donate 50p of the profits to the Pret Foundation Trust. Would 100 per cent recommend buying one of these bad boys.

Rating: 4.8/5

Image may contain: Spice

Aldi – Turkey Feast

No sign of veg in this Christmas feast, unless you count the cranberry sauce. This sandwich comprises malted bread, pigs in blankets and turkey with a layer of cranberry sauce to top it all off. At £1.69 you can't really go wrong. The sauce might not be for everyone but there is a decent amount of turkey to compromise. All in all, Aldi have done a pretty good job.

Rating: 4/5

Boots – Salmon, Prawn and Soft Cheese

Believe it not, this combination is actually the norm for a lot of Christmas sandwich menus. This sandwich is tasty but the ratio of salmon to cheese isn't so merry. More salmon, prawns, a little bit of pepper and this sandwich would be ace.

Rating: 3/5

Pret a Manger – Veggie Christmas Lunch

Another fancy sandwich that will set you back £3.50, except this time it's one for the veggies. Pret Veggie Christmas sandwich is made up of roasted butternut squash, rocket, a Christmas pesto made with walnuts and pecans, yoghurt and mayo dressing with some crispy onions all encased in two slice of malted bread. This sandwich is simply delicious and should be on the top of every veggie's (and non-veggie's) lunch list. If only it was sold all year round.

Rating: 5/5

Tesco – Turkey and Trimmings

At £2.20 this sandwich comes in at average price. But a tip when shopping in Tesco: their meal deals pretty much allow you to buy any wrap or sandwich with a snack or drink for just £3. This includes all of their Christmas sandwiches. So really this sandwich comes with a snack which makes it superior. It's low in fat and yet still has involves all our favourite christmas flavours of turkey, cranberry, stuffing and spinach. Over all, it's pretty darn good.

Rating: 4/5

Image may contain: Vegetable, Produce, Plant, Flora, Asparagus, Seasoning, Ketchup, Food

Aldi – Brie and Spiced Cranberry Chutney

Another bargain buy at £1.69 and it's suitable for vegetarians. This sandwich had nice chunky slices of brie and a decent amount of chutney to provide that Christmas taste we all love. Overall this has to be one of the best veggie Christmas sandwiches. Since it's a cheesy one, we thought halfway through eating that a toastie machine would be appropriate to make this even better. Trust us, if you're going to get this sandwich and have access to a toastie machine please please please use it. You won't regret it.

Rating: 4.5/5

Image may contain: Wood, Plywood

Sainsbury's – The Snow Globe

Sounds pretty epic tbh. But at £3.50 this roll can't afford to go wrong. Sainsbury's have labelled this lunch as 'Christmas dinner in a brioche roll' and they haven't disappointed. It might just be the added effect of the edible sparkly stars that move around if you shake the globe but it certainly does the job as a satisfying lunch. This roll sandwiches together turkey, bacon, brussel sprout slaw, pork stuffing, mayo, cranberry and port sauce and finally spinach. Some people might turn their nose up at the thought of brussel sprouts but it actually makes a tasty component. If you're not too fussed about budget go ahead and change up the regular sandwich and go for a roll. It's probably the only time you'll sample a roll this glam and sparkly.

Rating: 4.2/5

Image may contain: Slow Cooker, Cooker, Food, Burger