Update: Four men in early twenties arrested in Class A student house drug bust

They were arrested on suspicion of the importation of Class A drugs

Four men were arrested in yesterday's drug bust on a student house in Crookesmoor.

Police have released a statement saying the raid was carried out on the property on Spring View Road in relation to the possible possession of Class A drugs.

Four men, two aged 22 and two aged 21, were arrested on suspicion of the importation of Class A drugs and being concerned in the supply of a Class A drug.

One student, who watched the raid unfold, told The Tab yesterday: "Me and my friend were just stood in the kitchen watching the police break down their back door. It looked like a well-organised drugs bust."

The police statement adds all four men have been released but remain under investigation.

The raid comes six months after a similar bust on a house on Ecclesall Road in which a 23-year-old man was arrested.

The full police statement reads:

"Update on yesterday Officers carried out a warrant at a house in Spring View Road, Crookes, yesterday (Wednesday 29 November), in relation to the possible possession of Class A drugs.

"Four men, two aged 22 and two aged 21, were arrested on suspicion of the importation of Class A drugs and being concerned in the supply of a Class A drug.

"All four men have been released under investigation as enquiries continue."

University of Sheffield

The Tab Sheffield

last seen today at 03:34

Get breaking Sheffield news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out about the latest campus racism stories, mad shit happening in Corp, and if anyone decides to occupy the Arts Tower again. Straight into your DMs. 😘