Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Person, People, Human

Sheffield’s Couple of the Week: ‘Love was ignited in the Corp smoking area’

Because all great love stories start with the sesh

Starting off the Tab's couple of the week are John Hesketh and Ellen Holland. The pair met in TTC smoking area but really hit things off later in the love nest that is Corp and they have been inseparable ever since. Turns out blue pints really are the elixir of love.

Friends say that there is no doubt this couple are deeply in love. They have just celebrated their one year anniversary together and are stronger than ever. There is even rumours of them taking that plunge and living together next year. That must be love.

One of the best things about John and Ellen, or let's call them 'Jellen', is that they're not one of those couples that never have time for friends or family. "They both prioritise each other in life, and rightly so" says a friend, and yet it is rare to find John saying no to a bev or two with his mates and Ellen necking a bottle of wine and having a ball with the girls. It's no wonder they're a couple loved by all. As well as celebrating his one year anniversary with the lovely Ellen, John went out of his way to organise a one year get together with all the mates he made this time last year. Clearly everyone needs a pal like John.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

From what friends say, it is safe to conclude that the future for these two is bright and breezy, as 'they are dedicated, clever, funny, but also in a non-ironic way, they are couple goals' and would do absolutely anything for each other. They are also quite possibly Sheffield's biggest power couple, with both having recently achieved individual successes. John has been scouted by a major rugby team and Ellen has been shortlisted for a national literature prize (fingers crossed for you both). So let's big up John and Ellen for being the ultimate power couple and proving that the way to endless love is through the love of sesh.

Nominations are still open and you can apply here.

Voting for couple of the year to open soon.