Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Television, TV, Screen, Monitor, Electronics, Human, Person, People

VOTE: Which is the best student area of Sheffield to live in?

Exercise your right to vote

It's that time of the year again when people are, a little too eagerly, looking for houses to live in for next year. Sheffield has a wide variety of student areas to live in, each of them with their own niche selling points.

However, we want to know which area of Sheffield you students think is the best. Is it the Uni Of stamping ground, Crookesmoor, or is it the Hallam haunts of Ecclesall Road?

Crookes

There’s just no place like Crookes. The views are better than Crookesmoor, there’s an absolutely elite selection of pubs and shops, and you’ll save hundreds on gym membership with the daily trek up and down Conduit. You’re living with your mates and most of your other friends will only be a few streets away. There’s a few locals, granted, but they’re nice and friendly, rather than the weirdos who graft on you at 3am in West Street Live.

Crookes is a community in itself while very much a student village at heart. What it lacks in closeness to uni, Crookes more than makes up for in scenic surroundings, a friendly atmosphere and of course its impressive range of boozers and chippies.

Crookesmoor

Crookesmoor is basically a continuation of Endcliffe. You still hear the buzz of the mass migration into the city on a weekend, and you can guarantee that pre-drinks are taking place here. It’s got a Sainsbury's, multiple cafes (including one that sells the best grilled cheese ever), the best organic shop in the city, and some of the cheapest places to buy booze.

Pizza Mania is never too far away for a late night cheap meal, and chances are your friends live just around the corner for you to share with. Close enough to uni and town to save money on the taxi, but far enough away to still justify not making it to lectures if you’re feeling a bit rough.

Image may contain: Vehicle, Sports Car, Coupe, Car, Automobile

Ecclesall Road

Ecclesall Road is basically a more upmarket version of the city centre. Although far out, this chic road is home to many a Hallam second year, as well as a Tesco, KFC, Pizza Express, Nandos, and Taco Bell all within a two minute walk of each other. If you’re feeling a bit bougie after that loan drop, it has plenty of cosmopolitan cocktail bars and restaurants to amuse the classier kind of students, and the Nursery Tavern, and a Spoons for the majority.

Eccy Road is unrivalled. To top it all off, you walk past Pound Bakery on your way home, and any excuse for two pastries for £1 is a good one for me. Plus, if you can’t be bothered to walk, there’s a bus stop every other block.

Image may contain: Restaurant, Cafeteria, Bottle, Pub, Night Life, Night Club, Bartender, Bar Counter, Human, Person, People

The City Centre

Alright, it might not be in the student heartlands, but it’s time to admit it: living in the city centre is the bomb. Living right by uni makes rolling out of bed before your 9am that little bit more bearable, and you get to avoid the dreaded Conduit – do you need another perk?

You’re always the top pick for pre drinks as it’s just a short walk to West Street, and you’re never far from a 24 hour shop for all your hangover cravings. Plus, think of all the money you’ll save on taxis – Uber who?

Image may contain: Pc, Laptop, LCD Screen, Electronics, Computer, Poster, Collage, Human, Person, People

Broomhill

What’s not to love about Broomhill? Pretty much everyone who lived in Ranmoor or Endcliffe will be familiar with it from the frequent treks to uni, and you’re never more than a 15 minute walk away to your lectures (unless you’re in Mappin, in which case RIP).

It’s the proud location of our beloved Balti King and Oasis Pizza (and Flavours if you’re feeling particularly filthy), and there’s a pub on practically every corner. It’s got all the shops, the amazing Five Rivers café that do the best Bahn Mi baguettes you’ve ever had, and of course Notty House to meet all of your pie needs.

It’s right between Eccy Road and Crookesmoor, making it the ideal location for both Uni of and even some Hallam Students, and let’s not forget the Francis Newton Spoons tucked away down Clarkehouse Road.

Image may contain: Meal, Food, Breakfast, Furniture, Couch, Human, Person, People