Image may contain: Stage, Play, Musical, Person, People, Human

Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Abbeydale Road but have been too scared to go and explore

We’ve made you a map and everything

It's too easy to go your whole uni life without wandering far from campus, and Sheffield is a city that deserves to be explored.

Abbeydale Road is one of the most packed, vibrant parts of the city. As the antiques quarter, Abbeydale is full of antiques treasure troves, independent shops, and some of the city's best bars and food spots.

Only a 10 minute bus ride away, there's no excuse to not go for an explore. Hop on the 76 from the town hall towards Lowedges, and check out our best picks.

Image may contain: Town, Street, Road, Wall, Mural, Graffiti, Art

Best for booze

The Broadfield

For your classic pub experience, The Broadfield is the one. A huge beer garden, amazing food and a massive drinks menu with everything from craft beers, to whisky, to cocktails – it's going to suit the whole party.

Picture House Social

Picture House Social is the go-to for cocktails and vibes. Regularly putting on events and gigs, the place is always buzzing. Go earlier and enjoy drinks and 2-for-1 pizzas on a Monday, or go later and get a little messy and play some ping-pong. But no matter what time you do, make sure to get a selfie in their iconic bathroom mirror.

Turner's Craft Beer Bottle Shop & Hop Hideout

Two of the city's best bottle shops, because you deserve more than Carlsberg and Dark Fruits.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYtaWTBD5IS

Best for food

Burgerlols

Unreal burgers, hot dogs and freakshakes, and you'd never guess they're vegan. Burgerlols is one of the best loved vegan joints in town with a broad menu of all your favourite guilty pleasures. Go and get their mac and cheese burger and a freakshake, but make sure you're hungry as their portions are huge.

Four Corners Canteen

Four Corners Canteen is super unique with its cantina style decor and South American infused menu. Serving pancakes for breakfast and burgers for lunch, there's no right time to eat here.

That There Deli

Perfect place for a somewhat healthy vegetarian grab and go lunch in the middle of your exploring. Massive menu and low prices, even non-veggie friends will be happy.

Image may contain: Vehicle, Van, Rv, Food, Bbq

Best for shopping

Mr Pickles' Yorkshire Food Emporium

Fancy spending a little more on some good ingredients? Everything sold at Mr Pickles' is made in Yorkshire and of amazing quality. They have all kinds of fancy breads, meats and cheeses, so if you've got someone to impress definitely stop off here.

Riley's & co

Riley's & co is the ultimate place for a browse. With several rooms full of vintage goodies and antiques you could honestly spend hours here, and then get yourself some proper traditional food in their cafe. Perfect for Sunday morning exploring.

Best for brunch

Bragazzis

Hands down the best coffee on Abbeydale Road, and one of the best coffees in Sheffield. This traditional Italian cafe/deli is the ideal venue for a calm coffee and catch up. Serving a variety of homemade cakes and pastries, as well as fresh sandwiches with ingredients from their deli, Bragazzis makes you feel super sophisticated and has an amazing chill vibe.

Forge Bakehouse

A Sheffield favourite, Forge Bakehouse is an obvious choice. With breads and pastries baked fresh on site, you know you're going to get a good brunch. Stop by on your day off and treat yourself to some french toast, or if you're feeling something more savoury, try their baked eggs.

Best for parents visit

Jameson's Tea Room

Definitely one of the cutest places in the city, your mum will love it. Afternoon tea is only £13.75 per person, or opt for a simple tea and cake. More traditional and classic than the rest of the Sheffield cafe scene and away from the hussle and bussle of the city, this is a great setting for a reunion.

Steel City Cakes

Their cakes look insane and they have over 35 flavours. We just want our parents to pay for a slice tbh.

Plan your route by taking a look at our map here.