Image may contain: Yard, Backyard, Selfie, Portrait, Potted Plant, Plant, Human, Person, People

We asked Sheffield Students what they think about Jared O’Mara

One week on from the scandal which cost him his place in the Labour party

Jared O'Mara, the shamed MP for the Sheffield Hallam constituency, has been forced to publicly apologise since sexist, homophobic and xenophobic comments were brought to light last week.

The MP, who represented Labour in the last election and also owns legendary bar West Street Live, said Girls Aloud should "sack Sarah (Harding) and…come and have an orgy with me", as well as referring to gay people as "fudge packers" who "drive up the marmite motorway".

The Labour Party are currently investigating the claims made against Jared O'Mara, whilst calls for him to be sacked from the House are mounting.

In the last election, 55 per cent of students voted for Labour across the country, so we asked students in Jared's constituency what they thought of him one week on.

Charlotte, Law and Criminology, 2nd Year

Image may contain: Human, Person, People

Shame! SHAME!!

Hannah, Marketing and Advertising, 2nd Year

Jared, you've ruined WSL for Hannah

Connor Smith, Product Design, 2nd Year

Image may contain: Pc, Laptop, LCD Screen, Electronics, Computer, Human, Person, People

What an eloquent way of putting it

Elizabeth, Real Estate, 3rd Year

Image may contain: Parking Lot, Parking, Food, Dessert, Cake, Birthday Cake, Human, Person, People

Let's get that hashtag trending

Ellie, Film Studies, 2nd Year

Image may contain: Paper, Person, People, Human

Lily Allen wannabe

Alice, Food and Nutrition, 2nd year

Image may contain: Selfie, Smile, Portrait, Face, Human, Person, People

Is that a date invitation?

Anya, Applied Social Science, 2nd Year

Anya makes a very good point….if you do go to your 9ams that is