Image may contain: Vigil, Human, Person, People

What’s on in Sheffield this November

It’s out with the pumpkins and in with the bonfires

With October over, it's time to put away the pumpkins and fake blood. Our last month of Autumn brings even more exciting activities to keep us going on the run up to the festive period. Yes, that's right, Christmas is coming. So without further ado, here is the low down on what to see and where to go this November.

The Spiderwalk 2017

The University RAG society are holding their traditonal 13 mile half marathon hike through the Peaks on Thursday 2nd November. Show your support for people taking part and help raise money for local charities including the educational charity Whirlow Hall Farm. Runners will stop at a half way point for some well-deserved refreshments including a BBQ, live music and a bar. What a way to raise money and work off all those Halloween sweets and treats.

After Dark Firework Spectacular

Gates will be open at 17:30 at Don Valley Bowl for the annual After Dark display. Complete will a massive bonfire, street food, funfair, fire dancers and of course a fantastic firework display at 9pm. Advance tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for children. Tickets on the gate will cost £12 and £6 per adult or child.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMfBGp3j4Hm

The Village Screen

Whirlow Hall Farm will be converting their lambing barn into a spectacular Halloween themed cinema on Friday 3rd November. You can buy tickets for an afternoon screening of Hocus Pocus, beginning at 16:30 with doors open from 14:30. Everyone aged 16 and over can opt for the later screening of Beetlejuice at 21:00 with doors open from 19:00. Tickets for adults are just £16 and tickets for students and children are just £11. Costumes and blankets are encouraged so you can wrap up warm in this cosy, but we should mention, unheated barn. Not only can you watch some classic Halloween films, you can also indulge in some delicious street food on sight including Livvy's Ice Cream and Pie Eyed. A great event for those of us who aren't quite ready for Halloween to end.

Peddler Night Market

On Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th November, 92 Burton Road will play host the 26th Peddler Night Marker. Doors open from 5pm on Friday and 2pm on Saturday with both days ending at 11pm, plenty of time to get your hands on as much streed food and craft beers as possible. This month we have the return of some of our favourite street food legends including The Depot Bakery, Mac Daddies, Baked in Brick and Buddha Belly. Bet you're drooling at the mere thought already.

Illuminate the Gardens

On Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th of Novmeber, Sheffield's very own Botanical Gardens are holding an event that is sure to make this Guy Fawkes night one to remember. This ticketed event is open from 17:00 on the Saturday and 16:30 on the Sunday. You can expect delicious street food from traders such as Smoke BBQ and Sunshine Pizza Oven, live music from The Big WoW and a grand firework display. This event is new for 2017 and is expected to bang (literally).

Image may contain: Poppy, Hibiscus, Geranium, Blossom, Gladiolus, Flower, Flora, Potted Plant, Plant

Bongo's Bingo

If you didn't get a chance to go to this event in October there is no need to worry because it's back. With the silly and not so silly prices (£500 anyone?) to be won, you better get your tickets soon. The first of two bingos will take place on Wednesday 8th Novemeber and the second will be on the Saturday 18th November. You do not want to miss out.

Image may contain: Festival, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Human, Person, People

Sheffield Christmas Markets 2017

Even though it's not December just yet, there is no hiding away from Christmas. Get your gifts sorted early by taking a trip down to Sheffield's city centre Christmas market, open from the 15th November until the 24th December. With 50 stalls spanning across Fargate, Town Hall Square and the Peace Gardens, you have plenty of options for Christmas gifts as well as tasting some delicious food and drink in the process. As always, Santa's Grotto and the famous German Sausage Grill will be at the centre of all this festive fun. So may as well get the ball rolling with a good ol' seasons greetings to you all.

Image may contain: Pedestrian, Town, Street, Road, Human, Person, People

Reclaim the Night

On Saturday 25th November it is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. Get the banners ready because there will be a march held to speak against sexual harassment and misognistic behaviour. This will be taking place at 6.30pm, starting at the Sheffield Cathedral. This is followed by a rally at 7:30pm at Coffee Revs in the Union, open to all genders. After an empowering march and rally, why not end the night at Girl Power Poptarts.

Image may contain: Text, Book