Sheffield A Capella group to star in new Sky 1 competition

The group’s made up of former students and current students from the University of Sheffield

Sheffield A Capella group, 'Steelworks', which is comprised of current and graduated University of Sheffield students, are set to be competing in a new Sky 1 show presented by Cat Deeley.

'Sing: Ultimate A Capella' starts this Friday on Sky 1 at 9pm, and Steelworks will be performing in the third show on 20th October.

The 12 members of the group will be battling against another 29 groups over seven weeks, and have confirmed their first songs to be 'Fallin' by Alicia Keys and 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley.

Speaking to Bea Duncan, a soprano in the group and co-publicity manager, she said "As a group we're so excited for the show. This is the first competition we've ever competed in, so we're nervous of course, but it's been such a fun and unique process.

We've worked so hard on all our tracks and we can't wait for everyone to see the show. We've all gone on such a journey and it's definitely made us closer as a group – this isn't the last you've heard of Steelworks!"

Photos courtesy of ©Sky UK Ltd