What’s on in Sheffield this October

The witching hours are upon us

Pinch, punch first day of the month. Yes, the Autumn semester has officially begun and now the excitement of Freshers' Week is slowly becoming a thing of the past. Now we are all settled and hopefully shot of the dreaded fresher's flu, it's time to see what Sheffield really has to offer this October. So put on your burgundy jumpers and sip that pumpkin spiced latte because you have some planning to do and some memories to make.

Bongo's Bingo

Not your regular bingo you take your grandma to. Bongo Bingo is a game with booze and tunes, an event you most definitely want to be at. This October, Bongo Bingo will be taking place in Sheffield's O2 Academy on the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th October. Get your tickets asap because this is sure to be a sold out event or, in bongo terms, a full house. Heres hoping luck is on your side because winners receive prizes.

Bar One Quiz Nights

Bar One in the Sheffield University students union are kicking of October with the first of their legendary quizzes being Mean Girls day. What day is it? It's October 3rd. if you get that joke then you already have a chance of getting a prize that is guaranteed to be so fetch. They will start with a film screening at 5pm followed by a quiz at 7pm. If Mean Girls is not your cup of tea the Harry Potter Quiz on October 7th is sure to be a winner. Enjoy a Harry Potter movie marathon at Bar One before beginning the quiz at 7pm. Both quizzes have a themed menu and prizes to be won. Better start revising those facts.

Peddler Night Market

Make your way down to 92 Burton Road for the 25th Peddler Night Market on the 6th and 7th October. An event that never disappoints, get the housemates together for an evening a great food, drinks and entertainment. Some favourites returning to the market include The Depot Bakery, Buddha Belly and the Nether Edge Pizza Company. A new trader known as What the Truck? serving American cuisine will be making its first appearance at the market. Entry is free so no judgement if you opt to go both nights.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZebSbbALb9

The Superfunk Rollerdisco

On the 14th October you can get your best 80's gear on and roller-skate at the O2 Academy. Open from 9pm-1am this is sure to be a groovy event. With an NUS card this event will cost you just £5.50 or £6 without discount. If you don't fancy skating but love a bit of 80s tunes (or want to watch your friends fall over) you can buy a non-skater ticket for just £2.50.

Bottomless Brunch at the Botanist

Everyones favourite meal of the day just got bottomless, hooray! Book your table now for what is sure to be a delicious brunch at the Botanist, located in Leopold Square, on the 14th October. This event costs £25 per person and includes brunch, a variety of unlimited drinks (yes you heard me) and live music. An event perfect for a weekend get together with friends or family.

Halloween Freaks Festival

As the witching hour approaches, so does the spookiest event of the year. Tickets will be going on sale for this annual event and is predicted to be a sell out as always so keep your eyes peeled because you do not want to miss out. This event takes place across the Union, with a fang-tastic range of tunes in the Octagon and Foundry so you can dance the night away. So stock up on your fake blood supplies and start planning your costume. Remember the scarier the better.

Cirque Du Soul Halloween Special

For just one night, the Cirque Du Soul group will be hosting a event of madness and creativity at Sheffield's O2 Academy. With circus and theatrical performers, face painting and more, this is sure to be an amazing Halloween event. Guest DJ's include Mike Skinner and Weaver Bros. Since it is halloween, costume is of course compulsory. Get your tickets at just £8 soon because they are selling out fast.

So as well as the usual activities Sheffield has to offer like a shopping trip to Meadowhall, a hike in the peaks, a pie at the Notty house (the list is endless), you also have these October specific events to make your first full month of Uni a great one. Though we all know a trip to Starbucks for a pumpkin spiced beverage is on the top of everyones Autumn to-do list.