UPDATE: Police appeal for information following stabbings in Sheffield

Five people were stabbed, with one in a critical condition in hospital

South Yorkshire Police have appealed for information following five stabbings in Sheffield in the early hours of this morning.

Four people have already been arrested in connection with the attacks, with two of them being arrested for attempted murder, but police are urging any witnesses to come forward.

Officers believe that the two incidents are linked to the same local individuals.

The first fight was reported in the early hours of this morning (30th September) at 4am where one person was arrested.

The second incident was reported at 5.53am where police were called to a fight which had broken out on Cambridge Street, near to John Lewis in the city centre. They found three people had been stabbed, and one person had been hit over the head with a bottle.

Cambridge Street, Carver Street, Division Street, Barker's Pool and Bethell Walk are closed until further notice.

Police urge anyone with any information regarding the attacks to call them on 101, or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.