We spoke to the people behind Hallam’s new club night starting this week

It’s one not to be missed

Hallam SU isn't notorious for it's big nights out, but Wolf Bandit Records are hoping to change this. With two fantastic nights lined up, one at The Harley and one at the newly renovated Hubs (Hallam Students' Union), we caught up with the organisers to get the lowdown on some of this year's biggest student nights.

So, tell us a little bit about the nights which you're running this year

Sheffield Hallam's Students' Union and Wolf Bandit Records have teamed up to bring Sheffield students two new exciting club nights. We've focused our efforts on providing the best quality music experience in Sheffield and we'll be stripping back and transforming the venues to create a raw and intense underground feel.

Double Yellow will be held every Tuesday at the famous Harley, and we'll be banging out all the hardest hitting Grime, Hip Hop, Afrobeat and Baseline beats.

The Hallam Project will be held at the The Hubs in Sheffield Hallam's SU There will be two rooms of all things House and Garage.

The promo poster for Double Yellow at The Harley

When are the first events?

Both events are kicking off in Freshers' Week, with Double Yellow's Launch on Tuesday 19th September and The Hallam Project launches on Friday 22nd September.

How can people get tickets to your events?

Tickets are selling well, the response has been crazy. We're on our final release for our freshers' events, so we would recommend buying in advance so you don't miss out. We've selected venues based on creating an intense atmosphere, so we're limited on capacity but that just adds to the night.

Tickets are available at our online Box Office or from one of our Ticket Reps.

Also, many of Hallam's students will be out for the Official Freshers Bar Crawl which will takes all the students through the best bars in the city before ending in the newly refurbished SU

The bar crawl includes your entrance fee to The Hallam Project with Andy H headlining so it offers good value in Freshers' Week.

One of their events will be taking place at HUBs

What inspired you to start up a night like this?

Music is definitely a shared passion of ours and we just want to showcase good music. We can't wait to unveil some of the surprises we have in store. On another note, it's definitely time for Hallam to reclaim their Students' Union.

Sheffield has a diverse and buzzing night scene. What makes your event unique?

We're excited to be part of Sheffield's great night scene, but we are looking to bring something different to the mix. We have a different line up of special guest DJs each week to play along side our exciting residents. We've given them free reign, without the constraints of venue music policy, to bring you the hardest hitting nights in the city. The DJs will definitely be looking to showcase their own style, so each week should have a different vibe.