BNOC of the Year 2017: The Final

Who wins? You decide

After one week, five groups and thousands of votes, we can now announce which BNOCs have made it into the final.

The competition has been fierce and well fought between students from a range of backgrounds. We’ve had party girls up against rugby boys, VK lovers up against lager lovers, and now we have first years against fourth years, and Hallam students up against Uni Of students. It’s going to get messy!

Place your vote at the bottom of the article and results will be announced on Wednesday.

Oliver Biggins, Fourth Year, Computing (Hallam)

Oliver proved very popular in the vote, and his hilarious story probably won most people over. As a reminder, Oliver once was so drunk that he convinced himself that there was a zombie apocalypse. He ran off to Sheffield’s countryside, only to end up breaking into a warehouse to find water and food. Poor Oliver was later kicked out by security.

Big Scouse Phil, Maths (Masters Madhead)

Big Scouse Phil, or Phil Devine, as most people know him as, works at The Edge “where he’s been terrorising and fathering freshers for three whole years”. A lover of football shirts and Adidas shorts, he’s said to be “unmissable”. He’s also said to be “the embodiment of Sheffield”, being loud mouthed, having good chat and having a passion for cheap ciders. He’s a true veteran of the University of Sheffield.

Niall Johnson, Politics, Third Year

The social sec for the Sabrecats won his round with a large majority of the votes. A fan of twerking and very popular with everyone who knows him, he’s already been named by the American Football team as their favourite cheerleader. He’s yet to miss a Roar, and not even his dissertation can stand in his way of partying.

Merry Rogerson, Zoology, Second Year

For those who’ve met Merry, you’ll know that she’s not one to be forgotten about. Not only has Merry rescued a hit and run hedgehog on her birthday and nursed it back to health, she has also been banned from West Street Live for taking all the posters off the wall. A true legend.

Rory Crossen, History, First Year

This rugby playing mancunian made it through his round with the majority of the votes for his group. Also known as “The Virginity Killer”, he wet himself during his speech in front of about 40 people at the Sheffield University Rugby Club in order to gain the title of ‘Fresher Liaison’ and also won ‘Best Fresher’ at the club’s awards.

Photo Credit: Elouisa Georgiou