Sheffield SU President makes deal to freeze student bus fares at £1

Some good news for students during exam season

Hide Images

As if you need reminding that the University of Sheffield has the best Students’ Union in the country, the current SU President, Dom Trendall has managed to strike a deal with the company ‘First Buses’ to ensure the student bus fare will remain fixed at £1 for students in Sheffield.

Dom has been working hard to build a relationship with local bus companies, as promised in his manifesto during his candidacy to become President last year.

Sticking to his promise, Dom has managed to keep the price of a student single down to ensure easier and cheaper travel for students in Sheffield.

First Buses will keep their fares at £1 for students in Sheffield

Dom said: ‘I ran to be your SU President, promising to work on bus fare for students. I am thrilled to say that after conversations with First, we have managed to maintain the bus fare at £1 for the foreseeable future’.

First Buses were due to implement price changes on the 7th May. The news will come as a relief to students who were left scrabbling to find an extra 20p when the bus fare temporarily rose to £1.20 last year.