The best of this summer’s end of term shindigs

Hello fun times, my old friend

With exam season just starting, the only way to banish the blues and give yourself some semblance of hope is to plan end of exam celebrations. Here are our top five events to grab a ticket to asap, ensuring maximum summer fun.

NLR x PPG: Just Shake Street Party

Nice Like Rice and Pretty Pretty Good are teaming up for the first time to bring  the ultimate sixteen hour party to Sheffield. This one is going to need some party-based stamina.

They’re closing off a whole road for a carnival style street party in the day, with street food vendors and Caribbean cocktails. As well as all that, there will be live music throughout the day from the likes of Harvey Sutherland, Saul’s Sessions and the Sheffield University Samba band. Think festival but on a Sheffield street.

The party doesn’t end when the sun goes down, however, and the festivities will then continue at Hope Works, featuring Omar-S as well as NLR and PPG DJs. If all that wasn’t enough, Cosmic Disco & Poile Art are back on decoration duties with some brand new installations which are sure to add further to the summery vibes.

Tickets available here.

TNK closing party

Heartbreakingly, The Night Kitchen is closing its doors this summer, but not before they throw one final big party. Taking place on 10th June, with the aim being to give NK the send-off it deserves. It’s only fair.

With three more headliners still to be announced on top of Mella Dee, Tom Demac and Pedram, this is going to be a night not to be missed. For The Last Dance,  TNK Presents has enlisted the help of some of the nights/brands that have shaped their history, recruited sets from some of their favourite DJs, as well as bringing some of the most exciting names in music right now to The Night Kitchen for the first time.

The final tickets are going on sale on 10th April. Set your alarms.

Front & Back’s 1st Birthday Party w/ Dan Shake

To celebrate Front & Back’s very first birthday, they have pulled a blinder and booked none other than Mahogani Music’s Dan Shake, bringing him to The Harley for a night of summer fun.

To top it off there will be support from Saul, and he’ll be bringing his selection of disco, funk and house to the mix. June 7th is not something to be missed.

There will also be visuals provided all night by Zaron Mizeras, boogie on down.

*** More Tickets! ***Due to popular demand we will be releasing more tickets at 6pm tonight! We recommend being quick though!

Posted by Front & Back on Thursday, April 27, 2017

Tuesday Club Summer Carnival

The TTC Summer Carnival returns for the 4th year in a row and they’re bringing the very best in underground dance, with 12 hours of music across 4 venues. June 6th is the date to remember, with tickets for this sure to sell out in advance.

The line-up welcome backs some familiar names in order to give Sheffield that summer lovin’ vibe. The headliners will be Mike Skinner and Chris Lorenzo, with Wookie and Holy Goof also featuring in this jam-packed line-up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTBeZAHjKG-/?taken-by=tuesday_club

Summer Social & the Chocolate Factory

An annual affair, this years Student’s Union themed summer event is none other than chocolate factory themed, so dust off your candy canes and lolly pops. The social itself will take place on June 9th and there will be music from your fave SU nights, including Pop Tarts and Roar.

The event will boast a Candyland, an Inventing Room, a Chocolate Egg Room, Oompah Loompahs, a Silent Disco and edible decor. Yum. Tickets are £13 and go on sale Friday 12th May at 10am, people lost all sense of dignity last year and tickets sold out in less than three hours. Don’t delay.