University Arms Awarded CAMRA Pub of the Month

The award will be presented on Tuesday

The University Arms are celebrating being voted the award for ‘Pub of the Month’ by the Sheffield Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).

The members of CAMRA voted for University of Sheffield’s very own University Arms because of its locally sourced selection of real ales from areas including Bradfield, Kelham Island and Thornbridge. The University Arms’ ‘Beer Bible’ includes over 150 beers, spirits and wine. With such a huge selection, it is no surprise that it is a favourite spot amongst students and faculty of the University.

The University Arms was founded as Club 197, a private club for University staff members. Since 2007, it has catered for both staff and students at the University as well as members of the public, serving traditional pub food and drinks of an outstanding quality. Back in March 2017, Sheffield Council acknowledged the Arms as an Asset of Community Value. It will now join previous successors of the CAMRA pub of the month award including the Three Tuns, the Devonshire Cat, Shakespeare’s and the Red Deer.

Pub landlord Ashley Sheppard has said “It’s a fantastic feeling to be recognised as Sheffield CAMRA’s Pub of the Month. We have a wonderfully diverse group of customers at the Arms from both within and outside the University. For our visitors to nominate us for this award is just wonderful”.

They’ll be awarded on Tuesday at 8pm.