Police appeal for information on Hallam Towers death

Police are asking if people saw Thomas that day

Following the death of a 19-year-old man found in the abandoned Hallam Towers hotel, police are appealing for anyone with information to please come forward.

Thomas Rhodes was found deceased at around 4.15pm on Sunday, 26 March, in Hallam Towers on Manchester Road in Fulwood.

A post-mortem examination found he died as a result of multiple injuries consistent with a fall.

Detective Inspector John Fitzgibbons investigating said: “My thoughts are with Mr Rhodes family and friends who are understandably devastated by his death and we will continue to provide them with support and assistance.

“The investigation is ongoing and we are conducting various enquiries to ascertain and establish the exact circumstances surrounding Mr Rhodes death. At this time, we are still treating it as unexplained.

“I want to trace Mr Rhodes movements from the previous evening, Saturday, 25 March, and into the early hours of Sunday. Were you with Mr Rhodes? Do you remember seeing him?”

Anyone with any information is being urged to call 101 quoting incident number 713 of 26 March. Even the smallest piece of information could prove vital to the investigation.