Sheffield Students’ Union voted the best in the UK

This marks the ninth consecutive year of winning the award

The University of Sheffield’s Students’ Union has been voted the number one in the UK for the ninth year in a row by the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017, putting it as the number one in the Russell Group.

The University of Sheffield was also ranked as the best in Yorkshire and third in the UK for offering the best all-round student experience, with a phenomenal rating of 98 per cent for student satisfaction.

We were also ranked joint first for library services and third for ‘good community atmosphere’ and ‘good social life’ – though you didn’t need to be reminded that Sheffielders know how to have a good time.

The survey collects information from 15,826 students across 122 UK institutions. Sheffield’s high performance particularly against other Russell Group universities serves to highlight our brilliant facilities and the support that the University and Union offer to their students, whether it be offering a space for over 300 clubs and societies to be formed or regularly hosting a range of sell-out club nights.

The President of the Students’ Union, Dominic Trendall commented: “We’re thrilled that students have rated Sheffield Students’ Union the best in the UK and the University in the top three of UK universities.

“This is a testament to our brilliant services and facilities available to students and all the dedicated staff, students and volunteers who work incredibly hard to create a truly inclusive community that Sheffield students love to be a part of.

“I’m proud to think that we offer one of the best university experiences that students will cherish for the rest of their lives.”