Here’s everything that is happening in Sheffield for St Paddy’s Day

Sláinte!

It’s everyone’s favourite boozy celebration of the year tomorrow: St Patrick’s Day. Whether you’re up for a full day session or just a night out Sheffield has got you covered. From union nights and bar crawls to local gigs, here’s the lowdown on where to celebrate our favourite Irish holiday in the UK’s greenest city.

St Paddy’s Bash, Students’ Union

True to form, the SU has organised its annual St. Patrick’s Day Event- complete with green food and cocktails, face painting and a ‘Luck of the Irish’ £100 cash give away. Tickets are available here.

Guinness’s The Big White Tent, Fargate

After the success of last year’s festivities, Guinness’s ‘Big White Tent’ is back, with celebrations extending across the whole weekend. Mixing Irish music with live rugby games and Northern soul DJs, there’s something for everyone. It’s taking place in Fargate, which is the main strip of shops in town, in case you didn’t know.

Open from 11am-1am and with free entry, this is the perfect option for day-drinking your body weight in Guinness.

Haggler’s Corner, Queens Road

Haggler’s Bar is the newest addition to the Haggler’s Collective, and it has embraced Sheffield’s love of craft ales, cocktails and live music warmly, with live music and DJ’s every weekend and 2 for £10 on cocktails. St. Patrick’s Day at Haggler’s sees the EP launch party of Sheffield band Syrupp (Tramlines Festival), supported by Black Mamba Fever (BBC Introducing) and Katie Pham and the Moonbathers (Outlines Festival). Why not celebrate St. Patrick’s with three local bands and Haggler’s St. Patrick’s Offer on Jameson’s Whisky? Tickets for Syrupp’s EP launch party can be bought here.

Bar & Beyond

West Street’s newest addition has been a hit with students and locals alike since its opening in September, and with 50 per cent off all drinks from 5pm – 11pm it is easy to understand why. Bar & Beyond have offers on some Irish inspired shots such as Baby Guinness and Irish Flag, as well as their usual cocktails, so why not celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with an Irish inspired drink (or six)?

Bar & Beyond’s Baby Guinness and Irish Flag shots!

Bierkeller St Patricks’s Day Weekender

What celebrates this Irish holiday more than a stein in this Bavarian bar? Bierkeller is hosting a weekend of festivities which includes live music, giveaways and they’re even dishing out ginger beards. Pre-booking is recommended, with contact information available on the event page here.

Head of Steam, Norfolk Street/ Tudor Square

Specialising in Craft beer and cocktails, Head of Steam has been hugely successful since its opening almost a year ago. Head of Steam has a tap takeover the week of St. Patrick’s day by North Brewing Co. with the opportunity to meet the brewer. There’s also going to be some St Patrick’s Food Specials, so why not celebrate with a pint of a craft ale and an Irish Whiskey?

Propaganda, Plug, Matilda Street

A staple night out throughout the university year, Propaganda is throwing a party to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Alongside the usual cheap drinks deals and £3.50 guest-list, Propaganda will also have themed decor, cocktails and potentially some leprechauns partying with you. Oh happy days.

Paddy’s North V Midlands V South Bar Crawl, West Street/ CODE

The North V South V Midlands Bar Crawls are firm fixtures in the bar crawler’s calendar, and its more than likely you’ve got a t-shirt as evidence you’ve attended. With the route spanning West Street and ending at Code, embrace your regional roots and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with deals at each venue. Tickets are available here.