Accept it Android users, iPhone’s are infinitely better

Time to move on (to your nearest Apple store)

Hide Images

I once made the terrible mistake of choosing a Samsung Android over an iPhone. I believed an iPhone was overrated and an Android had a better camera so clearly its the real winner, right? Wrong. I spent my two years of Sixth Form surrounded by iPhone’s slotted into a sparkly Skinny Dip case, all with adorable motifs that I could only dream of.

So what if I could take a decent mirror selfie? I knew I would never truly be happy until I could get my hands on a case with unicorns on it.

People with iPhone’s have the luxury of choice and don’t have to resort to Amazon for a limited selection of cases. Do you even want one if it doesn’t have mythical creatures or avocados with eyes on it? You can keep convincing yourself that a plain case is practical and sophisticated but everyone knows glitter is the way to go. Period.

Only Android users will know all too well that everything is made for Apple products. You don’t notice once you have an iPhone but not being able to join the Find my Friends banter can really put a downer on the day. You can’t help but feel like an inadequate human being when you can’t get the same cool effects on Snapchat or other apps that are the main cause for procrastination these days. On the bright side at least Android users have a better chance of passing their exams.

And what is it with the emojis on Androids? Once I realised the difference in emojis on my Android compared to all my friends phones I was shocked and appalled. My Instagram captions suffered greatly because of Samsung. It is safe to say my emoji usage heavily decreased once I realised a flower emoji on an Android could very well be the pile of poop emoji on an iPhone.

Okay maybe its not THAT bad but still what looks like a normal Insta with a cute caption and appropriately selected emojis is probably a laughable subject for all of your followers with iPhones, who right now are questioning your eyesight. Those of you who have only had iPhones, after the Blackberry BB phase of course, should cut Android users some slack with the whole emoji thing. It’s like what Hannah Montana says: “Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days”. Except this mistake will last for the whole 18 month contract…hang in there guys.

Then there is the issue of iMessage. It’s heartbreaking seeing your friends with a joint iMessage chat when you’re just there saying ‘text me’ in a sheepish tone. Whats worse is you can’t hide your shameful Samsung. Everyone knows you’re an Android user when your messages pop up on an iPhone screen in a bright green box. You start to feel like you’re Shrek when he rocks up in the land from Far Far away.

It’s okay you don’t need to hide away in the Samsung swamp any longer. When that contract ends you can finally get into the iPhone hype and never look back. Just a quick side note: with regard to choosing a colour there is no choice. It’s got to be rose gold.