Every reason why the girls group chat is the best

There are no boundaries on the GC

So you’ve got your solid squad, your Señoritas for life. Although uni life may have splayed you across the country, there’s one thing that will always bring you together: the group chat.

Whether it’s for gossip, advice or general banter, here’s why the girl group chat rules.

The group chat name and picture is the height of comedy

To you lot, at least. Guaranteed that your inside joke since year 10 will mean little to anyone else, but if you know, you know. As far as the photo goes, you can almost always guarantee that the GC pic will be the most embarrassing photo to hand of one of the girls.

Group chat = GC = Gemma Collins. This is a science

The drama when the admin gets too big for their boots

Hilarious for everyone, except the poor sod who gets booted out the GC for the most insignificant of crimes. A true group chat will probably date back at least three years, so the moment that the admin remembers the power is in their hands, anyone is in danger of being temporarily exiled. Note: the deleted member can see the messages she missed out on once she gets re-added, so you better not bitch about her while she’s gone.

It eliminates any distance

In any hometown girl gang, there’s bound to be at least one person who has flown miles away from suburban paradise. But whether they’re backpacking in Bali or slumming it in Manchester Met, you’re always together on the GC. Your best mates are only ever a tap away.

You get a play-by-play of the best drama

In a group of 6 there’s always some circulating gossip. Everyone knows that the GC is a cornucopia of knowledge, screenshots, and gossip. But the moments that really make life worth living are the play-by-play messages of those crucial moments. Whether it’s your mate’s first date, or the most embarrassing thing that just happened to you in public, the girls are always there to laugh and cry with you (or at you).

The first date play-by-play

You always have people to ask for advice

It doesn’t matter how big or small, your girls will always have your back. If there’s one golden rule of the GC, it’s no judgement. And if you’re a committed bunch, there’s likely no boundaries either. We’ve truly seen it all.

The media is a gold mine

From the ugliest selfies known to man, to videos of one of the girls getting with that guy on a night out, to a literal rap battle via voice notes, the media on a GC is a mecca of entertainment. Between you, Comedy Central could be brought to its knees. If it’s not worth getting legal protection from being publicly leaked, you’re not doing it right.

One in every three photos is like this

Once in a while everyone gets soppy and proclaims their love

When uni and travelling has separated you from your soul sisters, there are moments when you can’t help but pronounce your love on the group chat. Likely to be induced after consuming a few cocktails, or when the stress of deadline season makes you weep for home comforts, the love is always real. It’s not surprising to wake up to a video of one of the girls drunkenly singing on their night out just because the song reminded them of your ‘Napa anthem from Year 13.

There you have it, nothing comes close to a girl group chat.