University of Sheffield ranks 25th in The Times Top 100 employers

Go on Sheff

The University of Sheffield has been named one of the best not-for-profit organisations in the UK by the The Sunday Times.

The university has been placed 25th in The Times 100 best companies of 2017 list. It is the only university in the UK to be named in the hotly anticipated list of top employers.

The news comes shortly after the University was recognised as a top LGBT employer by the charity Stonewall.

Sheffield Uni has climbed seven places up the list after coming in 32nd place last year.

Chief Operating officer Andrew Dodman said that the ranking by The Sunday Times reflected how talented staff from all over the world where being given “a platform to succeed and become leaders in their field,”

“We have worked hard to create an environment in which staff can pursue the extraordinary in a creative and diverse workspace.”

The University was also awarded a Best Companies two star accreditation for employee engagement.

Professor Shearer West, Provost and Deputy Vice- Chancellor at the university said he was delighted that The University of Sheffield had been recognised in this way.

“We are only as strong as the people who work here” added Deputy Vice-Chancellor West.

This is the second time the University has received The Times recognition in the last four years after being ranked number one for student satisfaction in The Times Higher Education survey.