Uber’s scheduled rides feature has just been launched in Sheffield

Thank you technology

Hide Images
This weekend Uber launched Scheduled Rides in Sheffield – a brand new feature which, allows people to request their cab hours, days or even weeks in advance.

This snazzy new feature lets you schedule your taxi from as little as 15 minutes to as many as 30 days in advance. Uber will then request a car on your behalf to be ready when it’s time to leave.

Gone are the days of frantically trying to get a cab at the end of pre-drinks along with every single other resident of the city.

Following its successful launch in London in August last year, Sheduled Rides is now available in Belfast, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Nottingham as well as Sheffield.

These scheduled Ubers will be the same price as normal, but still subject to the vicious surges that hit.

Fred Jones, General Manager for Uber’s UK cities said: “People in Sheffield love being able to tap a button on their phone and a book a car that arrives in just a few minutes. But we know there are times when you just want Uber to take care of it. So instead of tapping a button a few minutes before you need your ride, you can now tell us hours or days in advance when you need a car and we’ll do it for you”.