Sheffield’s most eligible bachelor 2017 nomination: Jake Mitchell

He has a man bun

We’re in search of Sheffield’s hottest bachelor, and after hundreds of nominations have flooded in, we present to you the Steel City’s finest.

Let us introduce you to Jake Mitchell, a six foot four second year English Language and Linguistics student. Jake is a music buff, he’s obsessed with The Beatles, plays the guitar and writes song – where the English comes in handy.

But Jake doesn’t just stop at music, he also throws himself into sport as he is also a goalie to Sheffield’s Union team – this is where the height comes in handy. Other than that, his height only makes him clumsy.

This bachelor can commonly be found in his natural habitat, West Street Live, and is addicted to their double strawberry rum and lemonades. Though WSL’s alterations to his drink of choice broke his heart – could you be bachelorette to piece it back together?

Nominators claim that Jake thinks he has every quality a woman would ever want, and is probably the most arrogant person you’ll ever meet, describing himself as ‘six foot four of gorgeousness’ and as ‘Sheffield’s heart throb’. So if you’re looking for a confident man then you’ve come to the right place.

It is universally acknowledged that his best feature is his breathtaking height or his luscious long locks, which he sometimes ties in a bun which inevitably causes controversy.

Also controversially, his nominators also claim he is a ‘bit of a snake’ when it comes to girls, as he plays the field and doesn’t tell any of his female friends about each other. But he can’t help being so desired by the opposite sex that he has to juggle several at a time.

This bachelor is familiar with the game of love, previously having long term relationships and being described as ‘a bit of a cutie really’. But this single pringle is back on the market – could he be crowned our bachelor of the year?

Jake’s ideal date would be playing pool or something fun as his character is very much a practical joker, even if he does have a very dry sarcastic sense of humour.

Upon hearing of his nomination, Jake said: “Are you Rachel McAdams? Because its ‘About Time’. Finally some recognition for my bacheloriness has arrived” – what a smooth operator.

Voting for Sheffield’s Most Eligible Bachelor opens soon.