Fred from First Dates is coming to Sheffield Students’ Union

Je t’aime, Fred

After the success of last year’s Dine and Date, living legend and the star of First Dates, Fred Sirieix is back once again to try and find love for 60 lucky students.

The event, which is in partnership with Sheffield Residence Life, Sheffield RAG (Raising and Giving), Inox and Sheffield Students’ Union, is scheduled to take place on 20th February at INOX Dine in the Union, from 17.45 – 22.00.

The successful applicants will be paired up on a date, and will be able to enjoy a three course meal with their blind date.

They’ll also be given the pleasure of meeting everyone’s favourite maitre d’, Fred Sirieix. There will even be a film crew on hand to film the dates and interviews, before a screening at the Union and residences a few weeks later.

“I am delighted to return to Sheffield for this charity event at the University of Sheffield with whom I have a long standing relationship” said Fred Sirieix. “It is a great opportunity to combine my passions for both people and education whilst raising money for a good cause.”

At the end of the meal, the lucky lovebirds will be asked to donate money to Sheffield RAG according to what they thought the meal was worth. There will also be interviews with the couples to find out whether they’d like to see each other again.

To apply, head to the Union website here and fill in an application form before 6th February.