The Arctic Monkeys were back in Sheffield and we weren’t there

Do I wanna know?

Steel City legends the Arctic Monkeys have been spotted around Sheffield recently, sending fans into a frenzy at the thought of a new album.

Playing at Leadmill many times and practically making up the majority of every indie club playlist going in the city, the four-piece are local music heroes, and recent sightings of them in Sheffield have certainly not gone unnoticed by their most loyal fans.

Alex Turner was pictured in the pub with the locals, leaving one Twitter user in disbelief that his dad was actually having a pint with the band’s front man.

Eccy Road’s Ashoka welcomed Nick O’Malley and Jamie Cook for a curry, while Matt Helders was spotted vintage clothes shopping at JoJo’s General Store with his wife.

Since promoting and touring 2013 album ‘AM’, the band have been laying relatively low and working on various side projects, including Turner’s EP with The Last Shadow Puppets and Helders’ work with Iggy Pop.

This reunion in their hometown has now prompted eager fans to speculate that the Brit Award-winning band’s sixth studio album would soon be on its way.

Fans were freaking out all over social media and complaining that they weren’t there to meet the band, ‘screaming internally’, wishing they’d booked train tickets and one guy claimed he would now be taking more frequent trips to Eccy Road’s golden mile of pubs.

Their festive get together might make you think of the brutal scenes when an Arctic Monkey’s vinyl is launched into a pit of freshers, or leave you questioning whether you’re really having a night out in Sheffield without the band’s music, but one thing is clear – despite rumours of a comeback, these four appreciate the sesh in Sheffield just as much as we do.