What is the ultimate drink at West Street Live?

The hardest decision you’ll ever make

It is an undisputed fact that West Street Live is the jewel in Sheffield’s crown, and the most superior venue for a knees-up with the locals. Their drinks menu of A4 sheets of paper on the wall, emblazoned with 2010 Microsoft Word clip art is the stuff of legends.

But how to decide? Good men have been known to break down in tears trying to select their drink of choice.

For years wars have raged between Team £4 wine and Team Choco Milko. But today is the day we put an end to this warfare. Let us make life easier for everyone and decide once and for all, which is the ultimate drink on the WSL menu? Cast your vote.

£4 Wine

First up is a heavyweight in WSL’s arsenal of crowd pleasers, a must have on a visit to the holy land. Many a night has passed where you’ve been given a withering look as you reply ‘just a straw’ when asked how many glasses you want. But name a better night out than strawpedoing vino to Lionel Richie.

Economically this is one of the wisest choices. Taste wise, perhaps not.

Coco-milko

It is baffling stuff, but yes you can order alcoholic chocolate milk in a club. Ordering a coco-milko is like someone has polished off a bowl of Coco Pops behind the bar and poured the milk into a glass for you, but you get pissed. Get your fix of calcium whilst you get drunk – you may be damaging your liver, but your bones will be thanking you.

Chuck Norris Shot

You’ll start thinking of every plausible excuse not to do it when you are presented with the Chuck Norris, two horrifying inches of vodka and chilli powder. But there’s no backing out. You might want to ask for a bucket with this drink, or have a strong and direct route to a toilet carved out.

Legendary man. Legendary drink.

Gin Jam

A very British number, the Gin Jam has actual jam shaken up into the mix. Watch out though, the jam settles at the bottom so prepare to finish that off first and be left with pure gin.

Beast Bomb

Can you handle the beast? Featuring WSL’s very own brand 66.6 per cent abv cherry flavoured ‘Beast Vodka’ this bomb is enough to knock you to the floor. Somehow a round gets bought in every time you go to Wezzie, but at least they’re over and done quickly.

Mangotastic

Let your taste buds whisk you away to a tropical paradise, when in actual fact you’re in the middle of club in Sheffield with Barry the local you just befriended trying to waltz you around to Chaka Khan.

Honestly, are these even alcoholic? They just taste of sweet sweet mango juice, and nothing more. However, research has shown that they are, in fact, deceptively strong, and one too many will have the no longer sweet taste of mango revisiting you in the morning. Worth it though.

When bae lets you wear his sunglasses

Fab Cocktail

Yes, like the ice lolly. West Street Live can help you battle your way through the cold Northern winters by sipping on one of these and reminiscing about eating a Fab in summer. It’s shocking how similar they taste, but no there’s not any hundreds and thousands in it.

Double vodka J20

As a kid you were treated to a J20 when you went for a pub lunch or the fam came over for Christmas. Admittedly, it was delicious, but we all know you pined over their alcoholic bevs. Yet gone are the days, now you get to have your cake and eat it by whacking a load of voddy in. Mum and dad would be proud.

Double strawberry rum and lemonade

A classic which has made a dramatic comeback to WSL. Parrot Bay’s strawberry rum is tropical and extremely sweet. A favourite with every basic bitch in the group.

Stroh shots

Up next we take a trip down Autrian lane, with the Stroh Shot. Stroh is an 80 per cent Austrian rum, deemed so strong it is only sold in 12.5ml shots. It takes an extremely brave soul to embark on one of these. Bonus points if you can pronounce it correctly.

Agwa Monster

Probably the best kept secret of West Street Live, but probably their best bomb by far. Agwa is a liqueur made from the coca leaf. Yes, the same stuff as cocaine. Mixed with Red Bull it’s like rocket fuel.

Schit bomb

We all know you ordered this because it’s pronounced “shit”

Who knows what’s in one of these? But who cares when your eyes are streaming, you’re insisting you need medical assistance, and in one fell swoop you’ve sworn off alcohol for life? But somehow you just keep going back for more.