Crookesmoor is officially the best student area to live in

The people have spoken

In a nail biting battle of Sheffield’s neighbourhoods, Crookesmoor has seized the crown as the best area to live in, winning a solid 31 per cent of votes.

Perhaps it’s the convenient closeness to uni and living on the doorstep of all your friends. Or could it be the fact that it’s home to Pizza Mania’s welcoming arms and the legendary Ozman’s being there for you when you need snacks and bevs at 5am?

Crookesmoor residents can hold their heads high in the knowledge that their area is superior.

Pizza Mania til’ I die

It wasn’t a clean sweep however, Eccy road gave Crookesmoor a run for its money winning 28 per cent of votes. With Hallam dominating Ecclesall Road they had a sure fire wad of voters, ready to defend their territory.

Broomhill waltzed in at third with 22 per cent of responses. Crookes and Broomhall came joint fourth with nine per cent of votes.

Predictably Upperthorpe amassed a tragic 21 votes. It’s a surprise that 21 people even know where Upperthorpe is.

Home sweet home

For any freshers yet to get a house and feeling intimidated by venturing out of the comfort blanket that is Broomhill, perhaps this is food for thought. Just be quick, houses here go fast.

Adam Levick, English Literature third year, is a die hard fan of Crookesmoor, in light of the victory he said: “Although I loved living on Eccy Road last year, the commute to uni and the closeness to friends makes Crookesmoor ideal for uni life. I’m so glad those two areas came so close though, they’re both worthy winners.

“But Pizza Mania gives Crookesmoor the edge, it is the palace of dreams.”