Your guide to Halloween nights out in Sheffield

Prepare for Sheffield’s spookiest sesh

With Halloween approaching it’s time to start planning how you’re going to celebrate this year. Before you start planning your costume you need an occasion to wear it to. Luckily, most of the major clubs in Sheffield are doing something for Halloween, so there’s something to suit everyone’s taste.

Whether you’re looking for a spectacular performance from fire breathers and contortionists or would prefer the more subtly eerie vibe of a creepy warehouse, the city has you covered. The SU, Leadmill and Night Kitchen have all planned some spooky surprises, with some lesser known locations also hosting nights over the weekend. Fancy dress is obviously strongly encouraged for all of the below.

Freaks Festival

The Students’ Union annual Halloween night, Freaks Festival, sold out in minutes so if you want a ticket now you will have to beg on the Facebook page. If you were lucky enough to get a ticket, look forward to fire canons, fire breathers and scream shacks, whatever they are.

With seven rooms, there is music to cater to everyone’s tastes. If you love singing along to crowd-pleasing bangers at Pop Tarts but also can’t resist dancing all night at Tuesday Club, you can do both in one night. This is one of the only nights that is on Halloween Monday itself, so pick out your scariest Halloween outfit and head to what promises to be an exciting night.

Scary

Cosmic Disco

Cosmic Disco returns to The Moor for the second time this year for their Halloween special. Again promising a walk-in mirror ball and light up dance floor, despite the fact that both were absent at their last event due to technical difficulties. The mirror ball is being transformed into a pumpkin this time, hopefully with more success. All the rooms at the old Woolworths will be open so there will be plenty of room to throw some shapes.

DJing inside the Cosmic Disco mirror ball

Corp ‘Ghoul Disco’

Corporation puts on a spooky twist to their weekly Skool Disco, with the wittily named ‘Ghoul Disco’. As per usual whack on your school uniform, but this week you get to douse yourself in fake blood and face paint.

Spooky school girls

Off Me Nut Halloween Party

This event is also sold out, so Night Kitchen will be packed. You will have to post on the Facebook page if you want a ticket. All three rooms are going to be covered in spooky decorations. There will also be some Halloween-themed console games in the games room if you get tired of dancing all night. If you don’t manage to get a ticket to this event, don’t worry too much because Night Kitchen are also hosting another Halloween event the night before.

Off Me Nut are going to be supplying you with bassline in one room, jungle and old school vibes in room two, and the third room will be bringing you a mixed bag from acid to disco.

Vibes

Hope Works Halloween 

Daniel Avery is headlining this year’s spooky extravaganza, he’ll be joined by Radio Slave, Edward, and Volte-Farce, as well as the resident, crowd-pleasing Lo Shea. Hope Works is known for the cool artwork it puts up around the venue. Look out for some ghostly additions if you head there on the Friday before Halloween. There are still tickets available so snap them up whilst you can.

The Leadmill Dollshouse 

Leadmill has a whole week of Halloween festivities lined up, including a silent disco and a Stranger Things themed night. Their usual weekend club nights will go spooky with contortionists and marionettes. The dollshouse is not merely a catchy name, there will actually be lots of dolls in the club, which is creepy af. At least it’s not clown themed.

You can never have too many fairy lights

Code

If you don’t manage to get tickets to any of these cool Halloween events, you can always just ignore our advice and go to Code.

Terrifying