Bachelor of the Week: Ben Humpage

Putting the hump in Humpage

Ladies, meet Ben, this weeks most eligible bachelor. Ben is in his third year studying philosophy, but he has spent too much time pondering life’s big questions to find love in the Steel City, could you be the girl for him?

Originating from the leafy London suburbs of Kingston, this boy epitomises the suave Made in Chelsea type, complete with the exceedingly sexy accent. If you’re looking for a well dressed smooth talker then hold onto your hat. This boy’s straight out of the cookie cutter, the type your parents would love you to bring home.

We promise this isn’t his girlfriend

Not a day has gone by when friends, family and admirers have not complimented this stud’s style, often rocking P&Co. clothing and unable to resist the urge to throw on a blazer, and boy does he look good. Word is, that Ben has even been spotted wearing a tweed jacket in the IC. Smart casual is this guy’s middle name.

You’re probably already weak at the knees, but Benji will also have you weak from laughter as this bachelor has tried his hand at stand up. This hilarious boy is sure to crack you up as he did a stint at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, with a show each night across the week. Perhaps his dry wit could be the way to your heart. Style and a great sense of humour, what more could a girl want?

Benji with Papa Humps

Ben’s extremely well acquainted with Division Street’s finest cocktail bars, often frequenting Brew Dog and The Great Gatsby. However if you’re lucky enough to secure a night with this stallion, then Mr. Humpage will be whisking you away on his ideal date to the hidden gem Trippets Lounge Bar. Nestled just behind West Street Live you’ll be in for a night of cocktails, live jazz and pure unadulterated wooing. Just imagine locking eyes with Ben across the table as he’s sipping a negroni, his favourite cocktail – the thought alone is enough to make any girl swoon.

If a night in is more your style, B-Humps is the ultimate host with an extensive old school cocktail cabinet, home to a plethora of booze, and a strong repertoire of recipes under his belt. What better way to spend your night than snuggled up with a martini watching his favourite film, Her – a philosophical and romantic film.

They say the way to a one’s heart is through the stomach, and not one to blow his own trumpet, but Ben regards himself as an excellent cook – we’ll leave that for you to decide. When asked what he would cook a girl for a first date the lothario said the menu would be a poached pear, walnut and goats cheese salad to start, followed by a honey roast ham for your main. Desert will be one sticky toffee pudding with two spoons. Clearly there’s no half measures with Sheffield’s own Jamie Oliver – perhaps he can be your naked chef.

But have no fear, this hottie’s not all cocktails, tuxedos and lavish nights out, this bachelor is frequently spotted at Corp letting his hair down and drenched in blue pint – so you’ll never be bored with Ben. Though in keeping with his aesthetic, his Corp uniform is a cut above the rest though, complete with tie clip – we’d expect nothing less.

If you fancy a date with this week’s bachelor, or to send in your own submissions for Bachelor of the Week, email [email protected]