We went to the Coors Light ice cave rave

We let our loafers loose on the dance floor

You may have noticed the latest feature of Devonshire Green, the pop up Ice Cave from Coors Light. Obviously we couldn’t resist a ‘ice cave rave’, who could? Tickets are free, so we moseyed on down to let our loafers loose on the dance floor.

Upon arrival we were given the most exquisite thermal ponchos, an essential in any Sheffield dweller’s wardrobe. The combination of silver quilted fabric, with a furry hood really captured that Eskimo-chic look we were hoping for. If one thing’s for sure, these ponchos multiplied our chance of pulling in the rave cave tenfold.

Chic

The exterior was quite underwhelming, so we were apprehensive about what we were about to get ourselves into, but boy were we impressed. As we entered the ice cave, it was like we had teleported to the depths of Antarctica; we could see our breath immediately, and every single person had seriously hard nips. Coors Light clearly don’t do half measures, it was a winter paradise. Huge fans blasted freezing cold air at you with such force it was unbearable at times, so we were thankful for our cosy ponchos.

We all grabbed an ice cold pint of Coors Light, hoping we’d get a beer jacket to keep us nice and toasty. There was even Coors cocktails up for grabs which everyone was skeptical about, but were delicious. Turns out beer and spirits are a perfect mixture. We couldn’t help feeling bad for the girl behind the bar though, as we didn’t fancy working in ice cold conditions all day.

Coors weren’t lying when they promised an ‘ice cave rave’, the music was booming and the lighting created a proper club feel. The ice cool DJ was pulling out all the stops with a pretty heavy dance set, considering it was early evening, but threw in some rogue choices with a couple of classics, including Lionel Richie. He just relentlessly kept you guessing.

Everyone was having a dance, encouraged by the funkiest member of staff having a one man rave. There was no stopping him cutting some serious shape in serious furry headgear.

Our hour in the frozen fun went far too quickly and with the addition of a GIF maker, which graced and enriched everyone’s Instagram’s, a whale of a time was had by all.

If there’s one thing we learned from our trip to the ice bar, it’s that we never want to go to a bar again if it’s not a frozen ice cave rave.