BNOC of the year: Group two

Who will be champion?

Here’s the second installment of the competition on everybody’s lips, our Big Name On Campus competition.

Choose your victor.

Patrick Trant

Most of you already know Patrick Trant, a civil engineering fresher and all round BNOC. Patrick is a member of Sheffield University Cricket Club, and is a regular in ROAR so if you’ve ever stepped foot in there, you’ll have seen him.

Patrick has earned his place in the BNOC nominations as he bought 100 jäger bombs from Bar One on an all day drinking session, otherwise known as Thursday Club, and has also totaled circa £500 behind the bar the day after Varsity. He will put a lot of money behind any bar he can possibly find and enjoys being the life and soul of any occasion.

He also claimed that he has drank more jäger bombs than anyone in the world in the last 12 months. He is definitely the biggest drinker at The University of Sheffield.

Matt Hutchinson

As the Tab’s very own bachelor of the week, player for the university football team, presenter for Forge Radio, bartender at The Ridge, and general BNOC, this boy’s CV and social life are bursting at the seams. Matt Hutchinson is well known and well loved across campus, most commonly seen sporting a wavy garm.

Matt is incapable of leaving the house without seeing a minimum of 20 people he knows. Matt’s spiritual home is none other than Sheffield’s student union. Whether it is Pop Tarts or Roar, rarely an SU night goes by when you don’t see this boy with a cheeky VK in hand. Throw the occasional Tuesday Club into the mix, with one of his infamous wavy garms and there is not many ladies who could resist this heartthrob.

Jordon Cox

You will recognise this BNOC as the legend that saved £8 travelling from Sheffield to Essex, by going via Berlin. Jordon decided to go the extra mile to save money, or in fact the extra 1,017 miles in this case. Despite the palava of a hefty seven hours extra on the journey time, airport transfers, and lugging around a big suitcase, Jordon managed to get a short pit-stop in Berlin, where he had time to get himself a currywurst lunch. This guy may not technically be a student here, but he lives in Sheffield and remains a BNOC to all.

Call him moronic, call him ingenious, there’s no doubt this BNOC’s name has been on your lips.

Sammy Edris

Sammy is a true hero of Sheffield University, as he saved a man’s life by donating bone marrow, which provided stem cells to treat his cancer. The medic’s rugby player donated the marrow through the charity Anthony Nolan, which he continually helps to raise awareness for. Sporty and selfless… What a heartthrob.

Once the process was over Sammy still hit the dance floor at  Pop Tarts that night, belting out all the lyrics to S Club 7. What a trooper.

Cast your votes now, who’s the biggest name on campus in this round?