Sheffield triumphs at Varsity for the fourth year running

WE ARE BLACK AND GOLD

Sheffield were once again crowned winners of varsity yesterday, after achieving a final score of 42-35 against Hallam. 

The victory was secured at around 4 in the afternoon,  despite the fact that there were still games from Cycling, Badminton, Ultimate Frisbee, and Ice Hockey to go.

Our win was determined thanks to a 2-2 draw with Hallam in the Hockey 3’s, bringing us the trophy for an unbelievable fourth year in a row.

No surprises here

Despite a painfully close 4-3 defeat in the final Ice Hockey event, Sheffield still played a great game, and spirits were not dampened knowing that whatever the outcome, the title was already ours.

Adam Levick, an English Literature second year was one of many celebrating the varsity victory last night. He said: “We were drinking black sambuca and gold Smirnoff in celebration. Uni of has won varsity for the whole time I’ve been here, we’re unstoppable.”

Kwami Odoom also took to Twitter, writing: “Sheffield is black and gold once more”, while Olivia Reddinton simply said: “Yaaaaaaaas! Two D’s and a swimming badge clearly wasn’t enough.”

Better luck next year Hallam… at least you tried.