The Official Varsity garms are back in stock

Black and Gold is the new black

This year’s Uni of Varsity leisurewear is officially on the market, and Sheffield’s sickest students have never looked so astonishingly good. One thing’s for sure: in 2016, the better half of the Steel City will be beating Hallam in some of the finest garb ever to grace ‘Our Shop’.

This year is no different: the black t-shirt is still the undisputed king of Varsity gear. Hordes of keen Uni students at the ice hockey this year will be rocking this classic number, and with good reason. Black and Gold is back.

Work it LB

If you’re not the type to fit in with your mates, fear not. The tasteful yet indie vibes which ooze from our alternate colour return to the 2016 range in the form of this delicious twist on a classic: the gold varsity tee. Perfect for if you want to support your teams’ best efforts to smash Hallam, but don’t want to be accused of being a sheep. Just don’t call it ‘yellow’.

Bringing back a classic

Now, it wouldn’t be fair to delve deeper into this year’s Varsity stash without giving a shoutout to Our Shop for providing such a mad range of Varsity paraphernalia. If you thought, that getting on board the #BeatHallam train would stop at a mere t-shirt, you were sorely mistaken.

Here we have Varisty 2k16’s day-to-day collection, complete with rucksack and snapback to keep you looking fresh yet functional in lectures pre-ice hockey. Plus, nab yourself one of their Varsity engraved hipflasks to sneak vodka into the big game, so you don’t have to buy a ‘Supapint’ at the Motorpoint. Our Shop knows what the people want.

Reppin’ Uni Of

As time goes by, the opportunities only increase for our more ‘trendy’ second and third years to absolutely werk the vintage option. By wearing 2015 or earlier, you’re letting everybody know that you’re too cool for this year’s generic collection. You liked Varsity before it was cool.

If it’s not vintage why the fuck would you wear it

Another classic returning this year is the timeless Varsity jacket. This designer piece achieves the elusive one-two-punch of catwalk chic combined with sheer love for Uni of. An unbeatable twosome.

Understated

This next look speaks for itself. All we can say is, the University of Sheffield Ultras are now going to be able to look fashionable as fuck on the tram to the ice hockey. Just don’t set fire to the inside of a tram like those other guys did.

If Hallam weren’t intimidated by us enough already

For those of you looking for a more seasonal outfit, the official Uni of beanie and scarf are your holy grail. With these two luscious pieces of pure woollen fashion, you can look great and keep warm. Alternatively, you can wave your scarf in the air in ecstatic anti-Hallam joy when we lift the trophy (again).

#BleedBlackAndGold

Now for the real outside the box look of 2016: don’t buy any of this stuff. Maybe you’re already £1500 into your overdraft and £10 for a snood just doesn’t tickle your fancy. Maybe you’re literally too cool to set foot in the SU. Who cares. The point is, the one true way to look as alt as possible this year at Varsity, is to just throw on some black and gold garms you already own.

Be it in the form of swimming trunks, a sweater you got at Cow, or some of your housemate’s ironically awful spandex. Just chuck something black and gold on and you’ll slay.

It’s called the DIY look. You probably couldn’t pull it off

And finally, we bring this year’s fashion show to a close with the coolest of them all: the official Uni Of team kit. Whether you represent the Uni at football, archery, korfball or canoe polo, Varsity fashion week will always be won by those who wear their team jersey around campus. Everybody thinks you’re fit, cool and popular. Plus you’re literally guaranteed to pull at Roar.

Form an orderly queue ladies

2016 is the year for Sheffield to demoralise ‘Team Hallam’ for the fourth year in a row. And this year is like any other: you’ll love smashing the poly even more if you’re decked out in super gnarly black and gold threads.

Never forget the true catchphrase of any self respecting Uni of student this time of year – Look Good or Go Hallam.