Your definitive guide to Sheffield happy hours

We’ve done all the hard work, so you can drink more for less

It is a truth universally acknowledged that everybody loves alcohol, and everybody loves a deal. So we have combined the two and collated our definitive guide to West Street and Division Street’s happy hours and drinks deals.

Don’t say we don’t treat you.

Anchorage

With a reputation for being one of Sheffield’s pricier watering houses, Anchorage has a couple of deals which brings it closer to student budget price.

From 11 until 3, bottomless brunch cocktails are £13, including bloody Marys and mimosas. You quite literally can drink as much as possible within a two hour window.

Then from 4 until 8, their after work drinks deals are a large glass of wine for the price of a small, 2-4-1 cocktails and real ale for £2.60. Cocktails range from £5.90 to £8.50, so if you pick carefully you can get drinks here cheaper than in a lot of Sheffield’s other bars.

Bottomless mimosas with eggs Benedict? Yes please

Tiger Works

From Monday to Thursday all night long, and Fridays 8-10pm, Tigerworks offers a plethora of deals, including the infamous £5 round which they have inherited from the deceased Vault (RIP).

In the £5 round you get:
Single spirit mixer
A bottle of VK or Kronenbourg
Tiger Bomb
Shot – sambucca or cactus jacks

As well as that beauty of a deal, they also offer reduced price wine, three bombs for £5, and 2-4-1 cocktails. We’d suggest you get down to Tiger Works ASAP.

Las Iguanas

Las iguanas definitely come out top for generosity at the moment as they’ve made happy hour ALL DAY EVERY DAY on their top 25 cocktails. Buy one glass/pitcher and get a second, of the same cocktail, free. What a time to be alive.

Cocktails in this deal are £7.95 and pitchers are £17.95

Be At One

Be At One is Division Street’s newest addition and is uncharted territory for most. If you’re skeptical, put your foot in the door during one of their happy hours for 2-4-1 cocktails on any drinks – wonderfully they don’t need to be two of the same. Cocktails range from £7.50 to £10 so is definitely a good move getting them on the cheap. Happy hours are:

Monday 4:30 – midnight

Tuesday to Thursday 4:30 – 8pm

Friday 4:30 – 7pm

Saturday and Sunday – 2-7pm

Vodka Revs

Revs is a staple of a West/Division Street bar night out, but it’s better to be one of your first stops in a crawl as happy hour here runs from 5-7pm. They offer 2-4-1 on selected cocktails, but they have to be two of the same.

Vodka Revs dishes out golden tickets though, in the form of club and society cards, which are the holy grail for drinks deals. With a card, you can get selected cocktails at 2-4-1, a six shot stick for £6, Amstel or Magners pints for £2.50, pitchers for £10, and Stoli and mixer for £2.50.

These savvy saves are on all day every day apart from after 9pm on Saturdays – what better reason is there for joining a society?

The happiest hour

Revolution de Cuba

Revs De Cuba offers 2-4-1 on lethal three shot cocktails everyday from 5 until 7. The bar specialises is rum based tipples, but don’t let this put you off if you’re not a fan, their other cocktails are also to die for.

The bar has a reputation for being extortionately priced, but cocktails range from a reasonable £6.95 to £8.50, which is slashed in happy hour. Plus there’s also a huge selection of other goodies, for example a teapot of cocktail. So you’d be silly not to drop in for their deals.

The Great Gatsby

Certain cocktails, marked on Gatsby’s menus, are £4 before 10pm, Sunday to Thursday. Cocktails usually range from £6-8 at full price, so pretty mediocre for deal generosity. But they are some of the best down Division Street and not to be missed.

Common Room

The Common Room, Division Street’s sports bar, hosts happy hour from 5-8pm Monday through to Friday and all night Sunday, starting at 6pm. Pints and bottles are dropped down to a lovely £2.50 and cocktails from £4.50.

Forum

Forum doesn’t have any limitations on which cocktails are included in happy hour, which is always good news, so all of their cocktails are £4 or £5.75 during happy hour. So get down to Forum from 5pm until close from Monday to Thursday, or 5 until 9 on Fridays.

Forum often have cocktail specials on which we highly recommend. And if the weather’s nice, bag yourself a seat on their deck chairs outside.

Living the life of luxury

Frog and Parrot

F&P’s deals are nice and straightforward, offering 2-4-1 on £6.99 cocktails after 5pm each day. Stock price, at a stock time each day. Lovely.

The Old House

The old house specialises in gin cocktails, among their delicious array of other options, and specific cocktails, marked on the menus, are just £4.50 during happy hour. These joyous hours are from 5-9pm Monday through to Friday, all night Thursdays, and Sundays after 8pm.

Plus, all real ales are £2.50 until 9pm on Tuesdays

Bungalows and Bears

Renowned for their 2-4-1 burgers on a Tuesday, B&B’s drinks deals don’t quite compare. Cocktails are £5 from Monday to Wednesday between 4 and 7pm, and on Sundays from 6pm onwards

During happy hours you can also double up spirits for £1.50, and selected beers are £3.50 from 10pm onwards

The Wick at Both Ends

The Wick at Both Ends are arguably the most exciting cocktails down West Street, as they pride themselves on serving cocktails which they set on fire. Their happy hours are 4-9pm from Monday to Friday, and 10-2am on Sundays.

During these hours you can get:
A large glass of wine for the price of a small
£2.60 Selected ales
Double for the price of a single on house spirits
£2.00 off on all cocktails, which go from £5.90 to £9

Sublime

WSL

We would be here for years if we wrote down every single deal in WSL, from the 3 for £5 bottles or beer, to the £4 bottle of wine. You know you’re in for some good cheap fun at WSL. It will always remain dear in our hearts.

Bloo 88

One of West Streets more well known cocktail bars, Bloo 88 offers two for £9 on selected cocktails, from a menu with roughly ten choices on, or with a society card you can nab 2-4-1 on selected cocktails, but they have to be the same two drinks. There are a few restrictions on what you can nab for cheap, but there’s no denying that their cocktails are exquisite.

They also cater to the non-cocktail clientele, offering small glasses of wine, bottles of Cobra or Coors Light, or a house spirit and mixer for £2.75 everyday.

Cavendish

Every Tuesday after 5pm, all craft and cask pints, and bottled beers are just £3, cocktail pitchers are £6, and individual cocktails are £3.

The Cavendish has a much more relaxed and pub-like vibe than most of the other bars on this list, so is a good option if you want a more casual session with the squad.

Brewdog

Situated down Division Street, Brewdog, as the name suggests, specialises in craft beers. They offer student discount of 15% off everything Monday to Friday between 12 and 5pm, and they also run occasional offers on specific drinks which they post on twitter. Brewdog has a website where you can buy over 200 different types of beer, but pop into the bar and you can buy takeaway bottles for a cheaper price.

Players

Players is West Street’s sports bar, and they offer 2-4-1 all night every Sunday – Thursday, Friday 6pm – 10pm, and Saturday 6pm – 9pm