A bar in Meadowhall is giving out 500 churros in return for selfies

What’s not to love?

The recently opened Tapas Revolution bar in Meadowhall is to give out hundreds of free churros in return for selfies.

Complete with chocolate dipping sauce, 500 sticks of the fried dough pastry will be handed out to customers from Monday 18 April to Sunday 24 April.

To celebrate the restaurant’s loyalty card scheme, fans of the sweet treat can claim their free churros by following @tapasrevolution on Twitter and taking a simple selfie with the #FREECHURROS sign.

Famous for their crunchy ridged surface and prism shape,  churros are commonly finished off with a dusting of sugar and are often served for breakfast in parts of Spain and Latin America.

The 500 giveaway of the doughnut- like treat will operate on a first come fist served basis – only at the restaurant in Meadowhall shopping centre.

Hoping to bring a taste of Spain to the Steel City, a spokesman for the restaurant said: “In Spain you’ll find a ‘Churreria’ in every town, where these hot, crisp, doughnut sticks are served with rich hot chocolate.

“Tapas Revolution’s churros are tossed in cinnamon and sugar and served with a hot, thick dipping chocolate for £3.50. For churro lovers the new loyalty card will allow diners to claim a free portion of churros on their seventh visit.”