I took my Scout leaders to Pop Tarts

He’s also taken his Dad to Pop Tarts this year

Anthony Holland rose to fame earlier this year when he became known as ‘that guy who took his Dad to Pop Tarts’. His old man even wing manned him to a successful night with the ladies.

On the 27th February, Ant’s old scout leaders, David and Jane were bringing their daughter Shannon to one of the departmental open days at Sheffield. Turns out they would be getting more than the open day’s itinerary advertised after a running joke became a full on student experience.

No stranger to Pop Tarts antics, or including family members in them, Ant’s reputation naturally spread like wildfire in bringing this event about. he told The Tab: “I was down the pub at Christmas in Woodbride with ex-explorers. The topic of my dad going Pop Tarts was brought up in conversation and Jane said ‘Are you free on the 27th February, as we are coming to Sheffield for Shannon as she has an open day’. I said you can obviously stay at mine and I will take to you Pop Tarts and let you experience the student lifestyle”.

As many will know, taking family on a night out isn’t exactly unusual for Ant. But for Shannon, this night was unique for more bizarre reasons than one. Not only was it her first time clubbing with her own parents, it was her first time clubbing.

She said: “It was the day before my birthday so I made a joke about going out at midnight but my Mum took it seriously and got in touch with Anthony and planned it all out and told me. I was like ‘oh god’, because clubbing with parents, but kinda excited because it could be funny and turned out to be fun.”

She even had to wait until midnight just to get into Bar One which is less than ideal, but if you’re going on your first night out, pre’s have got to be done right and it sure was a memorable one.

Once all the family had done their rounds, true to the traditions of a Sheffield Saturday night out, the Foundry awaited.

Pre’s Squad

The standard procedure of Bieber, Tay Tay and a bit of R Kelly hit home perfectly with David who summed up the night for exactly what it is: “wonderfully tacky”, with the nostalgic tunes and 4am pizza taking him back to younger days.

Jane also loved a bit of the student life; with the nostalgic tunes and 4am pizza capping off the classic student night out. She added, “Anthony was a great host. We had a great night and he got up and made us all breakfast. What a legend.”

If you know any family and friends looking for a good Poppy-T’s sesh, Ant seems to know how to do it right.