The ultimate guide to the perfect Galentine’s Day

Live your best life

Forget Valentine’s Day and get the huns together for Galentine’s Day, this years definitive V-Day alternative. 

It’s time to indulge in some self care and look out for number one, why spend your day paying homage to someone else when you yourself are this fantastic? Love yourself. This should be your day, no one else’s.

Prosecco and a straw

The day begins here, get a bottle of your Tesco Finest and get mildly para before brunch, a classy and elegant alternative to the rubbery scrambled egg and half arsed love heart toast couples all over the country will be receiving today. Egg in bed is not sexy, nor will it ever be. You are, remember that.

Yes

Perfect the playlist

Channel Bey on her I am…Sasha Fierce vibe. Think Run The World (Girls) and Single Ladies, there’s absolutely no room for Halo or any of her weaker numbers today. What there definitely is room for is the entire Destiny’s Child back catalogue, and all Spice Girls hits circa 1997, particularly Spice Up Your Life. With sass queens like these forming the soundtrack to your Galentine’s Day you’re unable to go far wrong.

You were made for this

Invest in something prestige

In a perfect world would you really even want another Pandora bracelet and 12 plastic roses from the petrol station across the road? Hit the shops, or ASOS next day at the very least and buy something luxe. Ideally fur, sequin based or both, absolutely not suitable for lectures and guaranteed to turn heads. You’re worth it gal. 

Work it

Literally seize the day 

Yes, no one’s denying that The Notebook was peak Ryan Gosling and you should be modelling all future bae’s against that aesthetic, but Jesus God Christ you are better than sitting inside, crying at ridiculous rom-coms and stewing in your own self pity. Do not be conditioned into thinking that is compulsory anti-V Day behaviour because quite honestly, it is anything but. Put your trainers on and make time to do something your busy schedule usually wouldn’t allow for: yoga in the peaks, zorbing, cheese rolling, literally whatever you fancy and the more outlandish the better.

Lush

Make a mood board of the worst Facebook couples

If there’s one thing Valentine’s Day is good for, it’s the atrocious Facebook couples who provide the annual reminder that if they are what love is, you’re more than happy to be single for the rest of your life. Millions of girls out there are having to spend their V day mornings perfecting the obligatory novellas to their ‘gorgeous boyfriend’, thanking him for his uninspiring gifts and continued love and support as he lays next to them with his back turned playing Fifa. Guaranteed, those with the most ostentatious displays of affection  on social media have the most to prove today. 

Ew

Put your entire face in a pizza

Aim to increase your BMI by at least 4 point this G Day, because Kate Moss committed actual perjury to the whole of womankind when she said nothing taste as good as skinny feels. There’s a whole world of foods that can make you feel significantly happier than being thin ever could, and pizza in particular is the big cheesy cuddle you deserve.

Don’t fight it

Just remember you’re a solid 10

And you obviously don’t need anyone else or any calendar day to remind you of that.

Ur the best x