Drug test confirms Sheffield’s MDMA is pure ecstasy

No rat poison in these crystals

We got our hands on some of some of Sheffield’s finest MDMA to check the purity of what everyone’s piling into their bodies.

We can confirm that the off white stuff floating around the city is pure ecstasy, no rat poison in these crystals.

Handy lil thing

Within 10 seconds of putting a sprinkle of the gear in the test kit the solution turned purple and eventually black, indicating that the substance is pure ecstasy.

The drugs test works by placing a small amount of your chosen pharmaceutical in the tiny test tube in order for it to react with a chemical reagent. After being shaken, the colour the solution changes to indicates what exactly is in the drugs.

In our case, within ten seconds of being in the tube the solution turned purple and then black, showing that we had pure ecstasy on our hands.

The test can also detect substances such as methamphetamine, DXM, methylone, and 2C-B, to name a few.

The test was so straightforward and took less than a minute, so it’s a surprise more people don’t use these kits to check what they’re shoving up their noses.

Joe, a politics second year, said: “I was glad to hear that my stuff was as tasty as I’d thought, it’s a relief to know exactly what I’m bombing. These tests should be something that is readily available for all students. Everyone knows someone who has had a bad batch or been to hospital because of dirty drugs. These kits could help save lives.”